This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista Alarm Plug-in Feature Requests

Please post any feature requests you have for the plugin to this thread. Include the version of the plugin you are currently using so i have frame of reference for the request.
    Last edited by mnsandler; July 16, 2009, 07:59 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

I would like to trigger an event with the following condition:

Vista Alarm has been in Disarmed-Ready for at least 10 minutes.
    -----------------------------------
    Problem:
    Teenage son does not always arm the alarm after he comes in at night..

Originally.. i put an event that said..

Condition
    Disarmed-Ready
    and
    virtual "Bedtime" has been on for at least 30 minutes..
    Then Arm-Stay.

Unintended action.
    The other night he came in.. system armed after he disarmed it.. (all good)
    Then 5 minutes later.. he forgot something in his car and went out .. he disarmed the system.. and it armed imediately.... when he came back in after 90 seconds.. the alarm started and he had to disarm it again.

If i could have as a condition..
    "Disarmed-Ready" is true for at least 5 minutes..
    Then it would only arm at a minimum 5 minutes after it was disarmed.

Temporary solution:

4 Events

First 3 to track "Disarmed Ready" Using a virtual "Vista Alarm Sys Is Disarmed-Ready"
    Event 1
    Track Disarmed Ready
    Trigger
    Vista Alarm Vista Alarm System Status becomes Disarmed-Ready
    Then
    Device Command: Virtual Vista Alarm Sys Is Disarmed-Ready On

Event 2
    Track Disarmed Ready 2
    When
    Any Zone becomes Fault
    Then
    Device Command: Virtual Vista Alarm Sys Is Disarmed-Ready Off

Event 3
    Track Disarmed Ready 3
    Condition
    Vista Alarm status is Armed Away
    OR
    Vista Alarm status is Armed Stay
    OR
    Vista Alarm status is Armed Instant
    Then
    Device Command: Virtual Vista Alarm Sys Is Disarmed-Ready Off
    -------------------------------------------
    The above 3 events toggle the virtual "Vista Alarm Sys is Disarmed-Ready" (On == Disarmed-Ready, Off == Not Disarmed-Ready)

====================================
    Then i have an event to arm system

Alarm Auto On at night
    Condition
    Device: Virtual Time Bedtime has been ON for at least 30 minutes
    AND
    Device: Virtual Vista Alarm Sys Is Disarmed-Ready has been ON for at least 10 minutes
    Then
    Vista Alarm: Arm Stay

I think it will work as expected... tonight i will test it a few times..

It would be much easier if i could have a condition:

Thank you.
    Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Feature Request:

Ability to trigger events based on "Message Sent to Panel"

Use:
      When Armed-Stay or Armed-Away..
      On entry..
      Alarm beeps to indicate system needs disarmed..
      Zones do not show faulted until either "Burglar Alarm" or "Disarm" occurs.
      Then zones reflect status.
      I noticed when the system is "Beeping".. the Panel sends

"Vista Alarm 00001000 00000101 10001100 00001000, DISARM SYSTEM or alarm occurs"

I would like to be able to trigger events when this happens..
      Mainly.. Turn on entry hall light.. Turn on Foyer Light (Where the panel is) So we're not walking into a dark house....

Currently.. the "Disarm" events don't fire until the time that the system is disarmed.

Mark had said (in a different thread)

i should be able to add a trigger based on a specific panel msg; good idea! I will add it to the feature list for the next version.
      I think that would take care of this issue.

Thank you.
      Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Ademco Vista Security Plug-in Zone icons and system icon requests

I would like to request device icons for zones and system devices for this really cool plug-in.

As for the system devices; are the following devices below just simple on/off that I can use BLIcon to assign device icons to?
        AC Power Loss
        Chime
        Monitor Status
        Telco Failure

Zone device icons I would like to see:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by jkarney; June 16, 2009, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Ademco Vista Security Plug-in Zone System Device Event Triggers

I would like to request that zone and system event triggers to have the "Becomes" "At Least" and " "For Exactly" options. This would add a lot of versatility to testing zone and system conditionals. Although this looks like a lot of work therefore it may be a future feature to implement. Screen shot below for example:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ArbWare View Post
            I would like to trigger an event with the following condition:

On thinking this over last night..

There would not have to be a condition trigger added to the plugin for homeseer if:

The plugin could create and update two devices that mimic the "Armed" and "Ready" LEDs on the keypad.

Armed on/off
            Ready on/off

Then... conditions could use these devices in a normal "Is on at least"... etc.. method.

Just a thought.
            Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I would like a feature where if the alarm is in the disarmed/ready mode, I can detect IR motion on certain IR zones between certain times and then alert me either by email or other means.

example: its 1:00am and HS detects a motion in the basement but the alarm is off I would like a notification.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
                I would like a feature where if the alarm is in the disarmed/ready mode, I can detect IR motion on certain IR zones between certain times and then alert me either by email or other means.

example: its 1:00am and HS detects a motion in the basement but the alarm is off I would like a notification.

Thanks
                Raven,
                I think i can help you set this up with standard HS events and actions.
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

custom graphic/value pairs on zone devices

Gentlemen,

I think i have a solution that will take care of two feature requests (custom graphics and the time based triggers and conditions) with one coding change in the plugin and a little editing on your end.

If I add a table like the first image for each zone, you will be able to add your own custom status words and icon/graphic images to the zone values. In the example, this zone might be a door with open and closed values/graphics. Your custom words and images will also show on the status page.

So onto the condition requests...with the above set per zone, you will be able to use the standard hs "device value change" trigger (see last image) which includes the time components and thus the same hold true for device conditions (see 2nd image)

All you custom words will show in the drop downs as you setup these triggers and conditions.

Alternative 1
                  I can default the words and images in the table for you so all you have to do is a save on each zone device to initiate the change. I will add (in next install package) an images/vistaalarm subfolder with the icons so you get immediate results. You can then edit as desired.

alternative 2
                  i leave images fields blank for you to fill thus i do not add any icons to your system

sound good? any preference on the alternatives or some variation
                  Attached Files
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Mark,

Looks great...

And I have no preference on the two alternatives.

Thank you.
                    Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

Mark,
                      That is a great solution. Alternative 1 solution works for me; but which ever solution is easy for you works for me.

What about the system devices in post #4. Are the system devices included in this solution or would I use BLIcon to customize them?
                      Last edited by jkarney; June 16, 2009, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Looks great to me too! I prefer alternative 1

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
                          Mark,
                          That is a great solution. Alternative 1 solution works for me; but which ever solution is easy for you works for me.

What about the system devices in post #4. Are the system devices included in this solution or would I use BLIcon to customize them?
                          the system devices are just on/off so blicon would work just fine.

what about device 98 (system status)? what are your thoughts for icons for each status:
                          Unknown = 0
                          Ready = 1
                          Faulted = 2
                          ArmedAway = 3
                          ArmedStay = 4
                          ReadyBypass = 5
                          BurglarAlarm = 6
                          FireAlarm = 7
                          ArmedInstant = 8
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                            what about device 98 (system status)? what are your thoughts for icons for each status:
                            Unknown = 0
                            Ready = 1
                            Faulted = 2
                            ArmedAway = 3
                            ArmedStay = 4
                            ReadyBypass = 5
                            BurglarAlarm = 6
                            FireAlarm = 7
                            ArmedInstant = 8
                            This is just an idea; no very original but a start. Would device 98 have the same icon table that you have devised for zone device icons, so when can add our own custom status words and icon/graphic images to this device value?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jkarney View Post
                              This is just an idea; no very original but a start. Would device 98 have the same icon table that you have devised for zone device icons, so when can add our own custom status words and icon/graphic images to this device value?
                              Yes, i am setting up device 98 with a custom table as well.

i need to add an enable/disable checkbox so the custom words/icons can be disabled. This leads me to another problem...i guess i need to save the custom values to the ini file or they will be lost when the checkbox is disabled. For example, if the user wishes to reenable the option later, the previous values would still be avail otherwise the user would have to reenter the custom values.
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X