Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS3 Vista Alarm plugin v3.0.0.40 Beta (for Windows & Linux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    despite this msg, would say the plugin is accurately tracking the zone statuses and system status?

btw what panel model do you have? is it a 20p?
    Yes. It appears it's working fine and tracking just fine.
    I have a Safewatch Pro 3000... So yes same as a 20p basically.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
      Just a thought....

Zone 16... If this is the problem zone...

I have this zone set as Zone Type 90 (Custom Zone) on the alarm panel.

I am wondering if that's the problem maybe? This zone does not sound the alarm and is auto-bypassed when armed.

I use this zone for my outside garage door. I mostly use it to monitor if garage is open or closed. So, I created a custom zone to allow it to arm and not care if it's faulted. And also made it so I can open the garage door with it armed without the alarm going off.

Hope this makes sense.
      this may be the culprit.

what is the status of the panel on the keypad when zone 16 is faulted?
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

this may be the culprit.

what is the status of the panel on the keypad when zone 16 is faulted?
        Panel says "FAULT 16 OUTSIDEGARAGE DOOR"

Also, I just noticed...

On my list of devices, it shows "Closed" on all my zones except two of them... Zone 10 and Zone 16 show "Normal" when they are not faulted.

Comment

Panel says "FAULT 16 OUTSIDEGARAGE DOOR"

Also, I just noticed...

On my list of devices, it shows "Closed" on all my zones except two of them... Zone 10 and Zone 16 show "Normal" when they are not faulted.
          that doesn't sound right if you used the Add Zone feature from the plugin.

can you post a few screen shots of one of the devices that has the 'closed' status. i'm interested in the Configuration, Advanced, and Status Graphics tab in the hs device definition.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

that doesn't sound right if you used the Add Zone feature from the plugin.

can you post a few screen shots of one of the devices that has the 'closed' status. i'm interested in the Configuration, Advanced, and Status Graphics tab in the hs device definition.
            I am not exactly sure how to post screenshots. That's the problem I had earlier when I first started posting . LOL I see an option to insert a photo, but it asks for a URL site.

Comment

I am not exactly sure how to post screenshots. That's the problem I had earlier when I first started posting . LOL I see an option to insert a photo, but it asks for a URL site.
              if you go into Advanced edit mode when editing and scroll down below the edit window there is a section to Attach Files. Click Manage Attachments
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

if you go into Advanced edit mode when editing and scroll down below the edit window there is a section to Attach Files. Click Manage Attachments
                Got it Thank you!
                Attached Files

Comment

this all looks fine. you must have renamed Normal to Closed on zone 17 which is fine and supported. its the value number that is important not to change.
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

one more thought. was Zone 16 actually faulted when you took these screen shots? the status indicated Normal.
                    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

one more thought. was Zone 16 actually faulted when you took these screen shots? the status indicated Normal.
                      No it wasn't. I closed my garage

I think I'm all set. That is... As long as you don't see any issues ignoring the "Trouble clearing zones"?

Thank you for your hard work on this!

Comment

ok. good. thanks for the help as well.
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Arm notification...

Ok.. Me again HAHA!

I found another small issue/bug maybe??

When you use the "Arm-Away" function, system starts dinging saying arming... In HomeSeer, status switches to "Armed Away" instantly (as soon as you click the button). That's preferred in my opinion...

However, if you use the "Arm-Stay" and/or "Arm-Instant" function, the system doesn't update the status until the system has fully counted down and armed.

Any clues as to why this might be?

Again, in my opinion, I would prefer it to be instant on all of them if possible so I know I armed the system and the system took the command successfully.

Comment

the plugin responds to the msgs. it does not set the status based on a btn click.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

the plugin responds to the msgs. it does not set the status based on a btn click.
                              Ok? But why would it be instant when you click the "Arm-Away" and not the "Arm-Stay" button? (Maybe I shouldn't use the word "Instant".. But it's VERY quick Second or two at most!)

It must be missing a message or something to switch statuses right?

Keypad shows "ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 45" when arming AWAY..

Keypad shows "ARMED ***STAY***May Exit Now 45" when arming in STAY mode.

So why wouldn't the status change with this?

Comment

Ok? But why would it be instant when you click the "Arm-Away" and not the "Arm-Stay" button? (Maybe I shouldn't use the word "Instant".. But it's VERY quick Second or two at most!)

It must be missing a message or something to switch statuses right?

Keypad shows "ARMED ***AWAY***May Exit Now 45" when arming AWAY..

Keypad shows "ARMED ***STAY***May Exit Now 45" when arming in STAY mode.

So why wouldn't the status change with this?
                                the plugin processes the hex data in the middle of the msg [f70000008020038c08000000000000], it doesn't look at the alpha text.

sample message:
                                [00110301000000003A--],020,[f70000008020038c08000000000000],"ARMED ***STAY***You may exit now"
                                Each alarm mode behaves differently and activates different bits at different times.
                                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                                X