Problems with cooper scene controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with cooper scene controller

I have one of those fancy cooper 5 button scene controllers and up until a couple of weeks ago was only using 1 button on it to control the schlage locks on all of my doors. A couple of weeks ago I decided to broaden my horizon and set up the other 4 buttons to do some basic things to control some homeseer light switches. Button 1 for the locks works like it should 98% of the time. Every once in a while I have to hit the button twice to get it to activate the scene and lock the doors. Not a big deal I can live with that. However getting buttons 2-5 to work is another story. For example if I push button 4 to turn on two lights, one of the door locks will sometimes turn lock/unlock without the event configured for the button. The logs in homeseer clearly show the lock as being triggered. This happens about 50% of the time on the other 4 buttons and it is always this one same lock. I've deleted/recreated the events without success. Something is clearly not right here but I am still pretty new to this so I am not sure where to turn to figure this out. It sounds like according to the forums that the cooper 5 button controllers can be a bit finicky to get right, but once they get right they are solid.

I spent a couple of hours removing the cooper device from homeseer and readding it back in a couple of times without any success. I'm at a loss where to go with this.

Comment

I don't have a Cooper device, and I'm not clear what the answer would be, but I read a post maybe in the last month or two where someone was also having issues. As I recall, they resolved it by tweaking associations (which I know zero about). Not sure if that's related to your issue, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning.

Comment

As a followup I found in doing some testing that it appears that changing the event logic "if" statement from "the device had its value set to" "Scene On" to "The device changes and becomes Scene On" seems to have resolved the issue. Still not sure why that would make a difference but since making that change to the logic I haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X