Easy way to get Caller ID to Squeezebox Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy way to get Caller ID to Squeezebox Player

New to squeezebox plugin just go a player yesterday. I have seen the script file for sending messages to SB players. But was wondering how everyone else was doing it(caller id)?

I have not done anything to the plugin, my CID just gets sent without any intervention on my part, using HSPhone, anyway. Not sure about how to do it with a stand-alone CID plugin.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

You mean it gets sent to the SB player? or to the Speaker Client?

Comment

My players with screens (5 booms and 1 SB2) and my 3 duet controllers have the CID pop up on them when a call comes in. On the booms and SB2 the caller info replaces now playing and/or screensaver screens and on the controller, a little popup appears for a few seconds.

I've only noticed it a couple of times, becuase I'm rarely looking at one of the screens when I get a call.
        John
        Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
        Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Ok I didn't know the Plugin did that. I want to interrupt the audio and announce the caller. From what you say it is only the screensaver that displays the call. I am using Way2Call and HSphone. The calls are announced on the speaker clients but I need more locations so I decided to go with SB. Just got a Boom yesterday and an waiting for a player.

Comment

I think that the script you mentioned that uses hs.speaktofile is the only method to have a player announce a call. I have not tried it yet, but might just for giggles / proof of concept, and to see what the lag will be between speaker clients and SB's announcing a caller.

I could see this being useful for the boom I have in the garage, so I'd know I'm getting a call when I'm in the garage and forgot to bring a phone out with me.
            John

Comment

The plug-in listens to CallerID notifications from HS2 and displays a message containing the CallerID information on all players for short period of time (you can specify the duration in the plug-in configuration page). It does not play a sound or speak the CallerID; as a starting point, you could use the script "squeezebox_announce.vb" that ships with the plug-in to do something like this. You would run the script using an event triggered by the CallerID.

Comment

Hi,

I have a question about the Squeezebox plug-in: is there a way of disabling the feature that pauses the Squeezebox when the caller ID info is being displayed? I normally like this feature, but at night I leave the Squeezebox playing while I sleep and occasionally I get calls in the middle of the night. I don't hear the phone ringing because it's not in my bedroom, but the Squeezebox stops playing and this wakes me up.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Out of the box the plug-in only displays caller-id information on players and does not play announcements or stops music. I can double check, but I believe displaying the notification on the player displays does not stop playing music; I don't recall this occurs on my system.

Have you by any chance configured an event or script to run when a call is detected to for example announce it during daytime (Using the script squeezebox_announce.vb mentioned in an earlier post)?

Comment

Thanks for your response PCP.

I haven't configured any script or event to pause the music. I have another plug in, though, YacSeer, which I have been using for about a year, and also shows caller ID info on the Squeezebox, but it had never paused the music before. It was after I recently upgraded HS2 to v2.4.0.3 and installed the Squeezebox plug in that every time I get a call, the music pauses. Unfortunately I did both things at the same time, so it's harder to find the culprit. At least now I know that the Squeezebox plugin doesn't do that by default. Perhaps it's due to a conflict between both plugins...

I have to experiment a little bit. If I need to disable just the caller ID function of the Squeezebox plug in, is there a way to do it?

Comment

Working...
                    X