Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I work with associations?

Hi all,
    Following on a thread regarding Fibaro relays and dimmers not working with z-net in terms of calling back to HS3 when a switch is on/off from the wall, I have done a bit of reading and it seems it is to do with associations.

I did some messing around and sure enough it now reads when I flip the switch on/off from the wall though I'm not getting power readings yet.

So firstly by default after adding, I had the following:
    Group 1 > Homeseer (ID: 1, Endpoint=1)
    Group 2 > Homeseer (ID: 1, Endpoint=2)
    Group 3 > Homeseer (ID: 1) Blank
    Group 4 > Homeseer (ID: 1) Blank
    Group 5 > Homeseer (ID: 1) Blank

What I did was delete Group 5, 4, 3 ,2
    Left Group 1 alone.
    I then added Group 3 > HomeSeer (ID, 1, Endpoint = 1)

This seemed to sort it out.
    So was this correct method of doing it?

What I have noticed is on going back to the module just now to check the changes for this thread, all 5 are back the way they are listed above.
    Not checked if the switch works as I'm not at home but why did it go back to how it was?

The reason I changed it is I found a thread about something similar and someone said to delete the associations and add a Group 3 to homeseer. but no instructions so I guessed

Thanks all

I assume you are working with the latest Fibaro devices (Gen 5) known as dimmer 2 and switch 2, yes?

If so, then I can't comment on the switches because I don't have any Gen5 versions but for a dimmer2 (using the latest beta version of the Z-Wave plug-in) you will need associations setting up as per the attached screenshot for things to work properly.

I have also included a screenshot of how one of my dimmer2's looks in the device management page.

Note:
    Older Fibaro (non Gen5) units used Group 3 as the lifeline and newer (Gen 5) devices use group 1.

Paul..
    Attached Files

Comment

Im also having problem with this.
      I have Fibaro Z-wave plus switches and dimmers.
      If i dont use endpoint, the status is working, but by toggeling the switch it will not update the on or off command in web interface, and will then get unknown status.
      I tried to add Endpoint 1 to group1, and now the on-off command is updating, but i get a new problem that device show unknown status.

I have tried to search everywhere what Endpoint 1 is, but i cannot find anywhere what this is, and what the number (1 or 2) represents.
      Is endpoint related to the device, a route, to homeseer, to uzb1, or what?
      The closest i could find as something human friendly understandable is actually from a picture on renesas. This picture is not related to zwave, but it is an example for endpoint in a understandable way.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	img0006.gif
Views:	1
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	1194945

Can anyone tell us what endpoints really are, and also what should be the association settings for fibaro dimmer2 and switch2 Z-wave plus.

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
        Im also having problem with this.
        I have Fibaro Z-wave plus switches and dimmers.
        If i dont use endpoint, the status is working, but by toggeling the switch it will not update the on or off command in web interface, and will then get unknown status.
        I tried to add Endpoint 1 to group1, and now the on-off command is updating, but i get a new problem that device show unknown status.

I have tried to search everywhere what Endpoint 1 is, but i cannot find anywhere what this is, and what the number (1 or 2) represents.
        Is endpoint related to the device, a route, to homeseer, to uzb1, or what?
        The closest i could find as something human friendly understandable is actually from a picture on renesas. This picture is not related to zwave, but it is an example for endpoint in a understandable way.
        [ATTACH]66087[/ATTACH]

Can anyone tell us what endpoints really are, and also what should be the association settings for fibaro dimmer2 and switch2 Z-wave plus.
        If you click the Endpoint Note button shown in my screenshot it will go some way to explaining what endpoints are.

Are you using the latest beta Z-Wave plug-in?
        Did you try setting a Dimmer 2 up with the exact associations shown in my screenshot?

I have 16 Dimmer 2 devices and they all work perfectly reporting status on both channels as well as energy reporting.

Paul..

Comment

I try to add both group 1 without enpoint + endpoint, but it will not add both.
          If i first add only group 1 without endpoint, and try to add it with endpoint, it will not add with endpoint, and visa versa.

How do you add 2 instance of group 1?
          Also do you only add group 1, and delete group 2,3,4,5 ?

I try to add Enpoint to group 1, and it tells you that it is set, but it wont show up.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 21.31.30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	1194947

I run latest Beta .184

Thanks Paul.
          Last edited by frankis78; January 21, 2018, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The associations don't always show correctly in Homeseer. Hit the update button after each edit.

First delete all existing associations.
            After each delete hit the update button and make sure the list is empty.
            Hit the Audit this Node button and make sure that there are no associations shown at the bottom of the list.

Go back to the associations and add Group 1 > Homeseer > No endpoint
            Hit the update button
            Add Group 1 > Homeseer > Endpoint 1
            Hit the update button.

Hit the Audit button and check at the bottom that both associations are set.

Hit the Full Optimize button.

That should be it.

Unless you are using the other groups 2, 3, 4, and 5 don't add associations for them.

Paul..

Comment

I have followed your instructions, but it just dont wont to add dual instance on group 1.
              Can there be any parameter settings that avoids this?
              I can clearly see that it needs endpoint on group 1, because when i add that it reports back the current status after used the wall switch.
              If i use
              Group1 EP1
              Group2 EP2
              Then all seems to work, but it is just that i get unknnown status on the device multilevel switch , so i fully believing your setup, but it just dont want to add 2 instance on group1.
              I can make it on group2 though.

Thanks for hanging out Paul

Comment

Mines exactly the same in that adding the *** does not ... add

So following your instructions:

First delete all existing associations.
                Completed : Association to node(s) 1 on group 1 were removed from Root Office Office Light Fibaro Switch Multilevel
                After each delete hit the update button and make sure the list is empty.
                *Completed Successfully

Existing Associations
                *No associations or could not get association information from the device.
                Hit the Audit this Node button and make sure that there are no associations shown at the bottom of the list.
                *This node supports associations on the following groups:
                Group 1 - No nodes are associated to this group.
                Group 2 - No nodes are associated to this group.
                Group 3 - No nodes are associated to this group.
                Group 4 - No nodes are associated to this group.
                Group 5 - No nodes are associated to this group

Go back to the associations and add Group 1 > Homeseer > No endpoint
                Associate Root Office Office Light Fibaro Switch Multilevel
                with HomeSeer
                at group 1
                Result: Association set successfully

Hit the update button
                *Completed Successfully

Add Group 1 > Homeseer > Endpoint 1
                *Associate Root Office Office Light Fibaro Switch Multilevel
                with HomeSeer at Endpoint 1
                at group 1
                Result: Association set successfully

Note: I cannot see it under existing associations like I can with the non endpoint one added earlier.

Hit the update button.
                Completed Successfully

Note: Still only showing the non endpoint entry

Hit the Audit button and check at the bottom that both associations are set.
                This node supports associations on the following groups:
                Group 1:
                Downstairs Server Z-Net (Node 1)
                Group 2 - No nodes are associated to this group.
                Group 3 - No nodes are associated to this group.
                Group 4 - No nodes are associated to this group.
                Group 5 - No nodes are associated to this group.

The red comments are what HS3 comes back with as a status
                Black are my notes.

This specific dimmer module is:
                Version: 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6) Firmware: 3.5 Hardware: 2

Comment

Yes it is exactly what i did , and i couldnt add twice instance on the group1

But i can on group2.

I have added my devices secure, and wonder if only way to fix it is to add unsecure, but it will be much work to redo all the events.

Comment

Well I can answer that bit right now - My switches are all added non-secure so it can't be that

Comment

Comment

nunoary: Did you change any setting at all parameter wise?
                        Are you able to post your associations screen here so I can compare mine with yours...

The only parameter I changed was the momentary switch to toggle but otherwise it's fairly default from memory.
                        Just does not make sense why Fibaro and I believe the Z-stick just picked up the on/off state and power state but HS3/Z-net has such an issue with it

Comment

Me too, the only parameter I changed was the switch type, and made a calibration on the FGD.

FYI, i'm running z-wave 3.0.1.184 and HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.398 (Windows).

I have attached my associations screens.
                          Attached Files

Comment

So it's been 4 months - any luck anyone?

Not having the status work for all of my dimmer + relay modules is putting enough doubt now to stay with Homeseer so it would be good to get a resolution one way or another even if it's a simple case of Homeseer coming back to say they won't support these Fibaro devices.

I've just upgraded to the latest beta z-wave module but still no go and no go with matching the associations to the screenshot Paul put up.

Comment

Reason being is despite having done this hundreds of times...it actually worked today for two of the dimmer modules after your comment. The bedroom and guestroom are working as expected with metering values.

The Office and other room are both set the same in terms of assoc and parameters, but neither report back.
                              Do the modules have different firmware-versions?
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                              X