www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in

HomeSeer Insteon Plug-in Discussions related to HomeSeer's own Insteon Plug-in

Old February 26th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Seer Deluxe

Question RemoteLinc in Event

I am trying to program two RemoteLincs to control the same ceiling fan in our bedroom (one for me, one for the wife). The ceiling fan is X10, so I am using events.

I've created two events, Ceiling Fan On and Ceiling Fan Off. In both of them, the basic logic is supposed to be:

IF Jim's Remote changes and become ON (OFF)
OR IF Mary's Remote changes and becomes ON (OFF)
THEN turn on(off) ceiling fan.

The problem I am having is that with my remote, the event designer correctly gives me the choice of ON or OFF; however with Mary's remote, it only gives me a drop-down with the choices:
custom value or value range of
(Set to 'any value')
An invalid or error state.

Both Remotelincs are defined in the Insteon plug-in exactly the same. They both show the same firmware version. Why on earth does it give me different sets of choices for the two identical RemoteLincs?
Old February 26th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Insteon Overlord

my guess is you registered the two remotes with two different plugin versions during the time i was making these kinds of changes.

if you are running the latest beta try this

add RecreatDevice=1 to the [device] section for mary's remote and restart the plugin from the hs3 plugin manage page and see if this fixes the problem. if not, delete mary's remote's from the plugin and re-register

question for you: why not an insteon fanlinc?

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.23 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old February 28th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
my guess is you registered the two remotes with two different plugin versions during the time i was making these kinds of changes.

if you are running the latest beta try this

add RecreatDevice=1 to the [device] section for mary's remote and restart the plugin from the hs3 plugin manage page and see if this fixes the problem. if not, delete mary's remote's from the plugin and re-register

question for you: why not an insteon fanlinc?
I'll try this.

Fanlinc is next on my project list, but it's very involved, and I've just had hip surgery so it will be a while before I can stand on a ladder. I'm just looking for a quick fix for now. (The fan has been X10 for years, I'm just now catching up).