AcuRite with PC connect and Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Jon00's Cumulus script / plugin works with a Cumulus text file.

Cumulus(MX) will not work with the AcuRite weather stations.

PC Connect is just proprietary software for the AcuRite weather stations.

See here:

Cumulus Supported Devices

Here switching over to using the Meteostick which also works with the Acurite weather stations.

Thinking that RFXCom may also work with the Accurite weather stations.

Here switching over from CumulusMX to WeeWx for my weather software.

WeeWx will allow me to combine the weather station stuff with my 1-Wire stuff plus using wireless sensors.

I have been using the Davis weather station for years now and considering trying the new Acurite weather station.

The Davis connection today is via the Davis wireless console. I can add the Meteostick and get the same data as the console.

The Acurite weather station would work the same way leaving the console in place and just using Homeseer to read the radio stuff from the weather station.
    Thanks so much for the info. I'm brand new to this, jumping in head first, so this forum and your knowledge is fantastic- if a but overwhelming at first

Comment

Yeah over the years here have shifted from proprietary autonomous weather station software to a one size fits all software package.

Initially started with two geographically separate weather stations (Fine Offset and Davis) to one program called Cumulus. Cumulus generates a text file which can be read in to Homeseer. Here easy peasey way for me was to post the text files on a hosted web site along with two separate web pages for the two weather stations. I then just downloaded the text files from the internet for my local Homeseer box.

Weather Display (mentioned above) is one of the most popular software applications for weather stations and works fine with many different weather stations.

New weather stations today do direct to cloud applications and access to them is via the cloud.

The defacto standard in weather stations used to be Davis (expensive).

The Accurite 5 in one weather stations looks much like the Davis Vantage Vue weather station.

New weather thing lately is lightning watching. The Accurite weather station includes a combo wireless lightning sensor using a patented lightning chip.

The Davis stuff is still using same console receiver it used over 10 years ago. It has never changed.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Many weather stations can connect to WeatherUnderGround.com. I'm wondering if HS3 could access our WeatherUnderGround.com accounts and pull the weather data from there? WU seems to have a JSON interface.
        Last edited by Timon; November 20, 2017, 01:18 PM.
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
        Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
        Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
        4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
        3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
        SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Working...
        X