Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial Setup HomeSeer Zee S2 - Failure - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Setup HomeSeer Zee S2 - Failure - Solved!

I just received my HomeSeer shipment and have been attempting to get it activated. I followed the HomeTroller Zee S2 Getting Starting Guide and have failed at the step to add Z-Wave Devices.

I am attempting to add some HS-PA100+ Appliance Modules using the WebInterface and when I start the inclusion process the Zee S2 does not find the node. have tried two of the HS-PA100+ Appliance Modules and none of them will respond.

Current Date/Time: 12/23/2017 8:31:36 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7+ #858 SMP Tue Mar 15 15:56:00 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 1 Hour 7 Minutes 1 Second
    IP Address: 10.0.0.191
    Number of Devices: 5
    Number of Events: 0
    Available Threads: 392

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.1.130: Z-Wave

1. I also tried the Z-Tools+ IPad application and received the Error connecting to HomeSeer, version 3.0.0.194 or later required, or JSON disabled: Invalid URL: The host name could not be parsed.

2. I was able to fix the IP address and now I am getting This application requires the Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.23 or latter error message.

3. Now the Z-Tools+ app just opens and immediately closes. I tried uninstalling an re-installing and the issue still remains. The iPAD is running iOS 11.2.1.

I am probably just have a "learning curve" error but I am stumped on what I am doing wrong.
    Last edited by Robert Willis; December 23, 2017, 11:29 PM.

I am attempting to add some HS-PA100+ Appliance Modules using the WebInterface and when I start the inclusion process the Zee S2 does not find the node. have tried two of the HS-PA100+ Appliance Modules and none of them will respond.

Where is the Zee2 located relative to you two appliance modules?

Have you been able to connect to other Z-Wave nodes?

Try putting the two appliance modules near your Zee2 and try the inclusion process again.

The two appliance modules shouldn't fail anyhow because I believe that these are ZWave + devices.

Then move them back to where they were plugged in and use the HS3 GUI to see them

Z-Tools uses your Zee2 ZWave controller. I have only used Z-Tools on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and it works fine but is a tad slow for me compared to using the HS3 GUI.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thank you for the response.

1. The Zee and the HS-PA100+ are within 6" of each other.

2. I have tried three HS-PA100+ modules with no success. They have date code 1650 on them.

3. The only other Z-Wave devices I have are the HS-WS100+ Wall Switches and I am not planning on installing these until the system is functional with the HS-PA100+.

4. Z-Tool+ will not work on both iPADS that I have The application immediately opens and then shuts down.

5. I can locate the Zee with find.homeseer.com on the computer (Microsoft Windows 10 Professional) using Edge and Firefox.

6. I can locate the Zee with find.homeseer.com on both iPADS using Safari.

Comment

Try to exclude the module first and then include it.

It is quite possible the modules have been tested (included) before being shipped and the supplier hasn't excluded them before shipping them to you which is what a conscientious supplier should do.

It is good to get into a habit of excluding first before including when you receive a new module. You can't include the module if it has previously been included on another network.

I assume you are putting the modules into inclusion/exclusion mode (see the module manual) before starting the exclusion/inclusion process on the Zee.

Comment

Everything was purchased directly from HomeSeer. I am new to the ZWave Automation. Previous experience with X10, Insteon and Wifi.

I will try using the Z-Tool+ application to do the Z-Wave Network Exclusion. Currently I cannot get the Z-Tools+ application to run ion any of my iPADS.

I have performed a Manual Reset per the documentation but that has not helped.

Update: I have finally gotten the Z-Tools+ application to load without crashing and closing. I clicked the Add Device Button and the Add Nod process started and is displaying the Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device. According to the HS-PA100+ documentation I just need to press the button. I have done that one time and sof far I have multiple Activate the 'Add to Network' message on the Z-Tools+ screen.

The LED on the Zee S2 went red - blue and then green. I waited until the LED was solid green before attempting to include the HS-PA100+.

UPDATE:

11:15 PM - I as finally able to get the HS-PA100+ to be recognized by the Zee S2. The trick was to do a quick press and release of the button. The Zee S2 can now see the devices but I am unable to control them. I am planning on working on this tomorrow night.

I just have the HomeTroller Zee S2 and two HS-PA100+ Appliance modules. The Zee S2 is node 1 and the HS-PA100+ appliance modules are node 2 and 3.
          Last edited by Robert Willis; December 25, 2017, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Willis View Post
            The trick was to do a quick press and release of the button.
            Good news Robert. In Z-Wave speak, this is called 'putting the the device into inclusion mode'. All Z-Wave devices will have some unique way of doing it. Best to read the manuals that come with the device. Welcome to the world of Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

Success Part 2:

I can now control the two HS-PA100+ modules that I am using as a test.

I will start adding some more latter this week.

Merry Christmas !!

Comment

I would recommend using the inclusion options from the Z-Wave links within the HS3 interface as this will eliminate one layer of issues when using Z-Tools. You should be able to go to Plugins > Z-Wave > Controller Management. Chose the Z-Wave interfaces rotator and then select Add/Include a node non secure to add these while they are within a few feet of your Z-Wave controller. Then once they are added and verified to work move them to their final location and do a network optimization to ensure the routes back to the controller are updated.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That is what I have been doing and now have all five of my HS-PA-100+ Appliance Modules working. I am now exploring the HomeTroller Zee S2 controller and am impressed with the feature set.

It looks like this will meet my current requirements for home automation.

I am sure that I will have more questions as I start to explore all the compatible Z-Wave products that are out there.

Comment

Working...
                  X