Zee S2 Web Interface Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee S2 Web Interface Suggestions

I am new to Home Seer and have been playing around with the HomeTroller Zee S2.

Minor Annoyance:

HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.398

When viewing the Device Management screen - Configuration tab - the address dialog is not large enough to display all of the text.

Can you make this dialog box larger so that it will show all of the text without cutting off the text?

Wondering if you are using the desktop on the Zee2?

Using the desktop GUI on the Zee2 will eat memory and increase utilization.

Homeseer 3 is not a Linux desktop application and management of it is purely via the web interface.
    Chrome or Firefox running on the desktop will slow down the overall CPU utilization.

It is much easier and faster to utilize a different on the same LAN local PC or laptop desktop to configure Homeseer 3.

You can zoom out in the browser to see more and it'll be much faster.
    Last edited by Pete; December 26, 2017, 08:37 AM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I am using the Web Interface and have experienced the same issue with the latest versions of Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

Comment

You can zoom out in the browser to see more
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Willis View Post
          I am using the Web Interface and have experienced the same issue with the latest versions of Edge, Firefox and Chrome.
          Perhaps a screen shot to explain better your issue?

Steve

Comment

Here is a screen shot of the page you are writing about.

Note here zoomed out so that I could see the entire page dialog.

[ATTACH]65396[/ATTACH]
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

How do I paste a image into the reply?

Comment

Webpage Capture Attached

The attached images how the Address files that I is to short to see all of the text with out clicking into it.

Is there a way to lengthen this field on the webpage so that all of the text is visible?
                Attached Files

Comment

It could be a problem with your system fonts. I don't have that problem on any of my browsers

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1195909

There is really no need to see all of the technology address as it is the Z-Wave controller HomeID (8 characters) followed by the node number (3 digits). There is really no reason to need to know the entire number, the node number is the only thing you may occasionally need. There are also other places to see it. It is on the advanced tab

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1195910

and can be in a column in the Device Manager view

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	1195911
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon