X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea what causes: "Port_DataReceived Error: Specified port is not open"

After restarting the homeseer service , then the laptop, I am getting this:

Port_DataReceived Error: Specified port is not open

Repeated forever until the system is rebooted or the service is restarted.
    The PLM works until that message starts, then homeseer is worthless. The messasges appear so fast and frequent, there is nothing to see.

Any ideas or help here?

thanks.

can you tell me about your setup?

what OS are you using?

what plugin version are you running?

which PLM are you using (model and version), and how is it connected to the server?

the plm hardware version is on a sticker on the outside.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Linux homeauto64 4.14.8-200.fc26.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec 20 19:05:23 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Insteon Plugin: 3.0.6.23

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.393 (Linux)

Insteon 2413U (USB)

RF PLM contacted on /dev/ttyUSB0 with an Insteon address of 14.83.65 and firmware version 92

V1.0 0944

Anything else?

FWIW, I shut down the laptop, unplugged the PLM and then plugged it back in.
      Before I unplugged it, the green LED on the PLM was bright and almost constant. After the power cycle, seems to be better.

Comment

this issue is typically caused by noise on the powerline that actually interferes with the usb connection between the plm and server usb port.

fluorescent lights, or even a washing machine have been known to cause this.

there are special insteon triggers you can try to setup in events to restart the plugin when the "interface crashes"

if you can't find the source of the electrical noise, you can try the trigger.

newer V2.x PLMs seem less susceptible to this issue.

you can do some research in this forum regarding 'usb disconnect' where others have resolved this.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X