Setting up sonos configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Seems to work, there some delay like 8 sec. So it can speak. Volume is set at 75 in order to hear it. I have "wait for speech to finish checked". Is this correct?
    Great to read you got it working. Setting "wait for speech to finish" checked is correct. 8 seconds for a single player sounds long. Which version of the plug-in are you using? Do you have many songs in the player's queue? Is the XP PC fast or somewhat Slower (older)?

Dirk

Comment

So should I do it with the $Sonos$tts$ or the other way?
      If you leave it blank, the announcement goes to all your speaker clients and if you have them on an HStouch screen or iPad or Android devices, it may explain why things are slower. So best way is only to pick the client (under Host instances) that runs on this PC.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        Great to read you got it working. Setting "wait for speech to finish" checked is correct. 8 seconds for a single player sounds long. Which version of the plug-in are you using? Do you have many songs in the player's queue? Is the XP PC fast or somewhat Slower (older)?

Dirk
        Don't have song in queue, not that I told it to. Yes the Pc is some what slower..
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

If you leave it blank, the announcement goes to all your speaker clients and if you have them on an HStouch screen or iPad or Android devices, it may explain why things are slower. So best way is only to pick the client (under Host instances) that runs on this PC.

Dirk
          Rigth mow I have iPad, laptop with speaker clients. I run the default iPad HStouch screen on my iPad.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

So,now I have to add the $sonos$tts$ to all my events that has TTs involved?
            I have an evet that speaks the time with a script, how will I add the command before or after the script in the action page?

What about the other plugins that users TTS?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

So,now I have to add the $sonos$tts$ to all my events that has TTs involved?
              I have an evet that speaks the time with a script, how will I add the command before or after the script in the action page?

What about the other plugins that users TTS?
              I'm a bit lost in the questions. What you have now is an event that is called HectorsTTS and a Linkgroup called TTS.

The linkgroup is only known by the sonosplugin and has only significance when you use it in a "Speak action". So whatever other plugins call TTS has absolutely nothing to do with the name you gave to the linkgroup, we could have called it anything we wanted. The name of the linkgroup is used to identify which zones you want to participate in the announcement. In your case you have only one player but if you read Mark Anderson's posting I little back, you see that he has multiple players and want to use different configurations for different types of announcements.

So you still have to link the event to a trigger. So for each event that you have in mind, you will have to repeat all the steps above with respect to creating events and name the events differently with different triggers. If you want to have time announced, please read up on the HomeSeer documentation what you should put in the "Speak:" text field, this is all standard HS/Speaker functions, nothing to do with the Sonos plug-in. For events and triggers, same suggestion, check the Homeseer documentation, all standard functions. The only thing different is that you add in the speak action, specifically in the HOST:INSTANCE box the prefix $SONOS$TTS$ to the existing speaker client which will force the resulting speech action to be streamed through your Sonos linkgroup.

Dirk

Dirk

Comment

Can you post the script ....

Comment

I'm a bit lost in the questions. What you have now is an event that is called HectorsTTS and a Linkgroup called TTS.

The linkgroup is only known by the sonosplugin and has only significance when you use it in a "Speak action". So whatever other plugins call TTS has absolutely nothing to do with the name you gave to the linkgroup, we could have called it anything we wanted. The name of the linkgroup is used to identify which zones you want to participate in the announcement. In your case you have only one player but if you read Mark Anderson's posting I little back, you see that he has multiple players and want to use different configurations for different types of announcements.

So you still have to link the event to a trigger. So for each event that you have in mind, you will have to repeat all the steps above with respect to creating events and name the events differently with different triggers. If you want to have time announced, please read up on the HomeSeer documentation what you should put in the "Speak:" text field, this is all standard HS/Speaker functions, nothing to do with the Sonos plug-in. For events and triggers, same suggestion, check the Homeseer documentation, all standard functions. The only thing different is that you add in the speak action, specifically in the HOST:INSTANCE box the prefix $SONOS$TTS$ to the existing speaker client which will force the resulting speech action to be streamed through your Sonos linkgroup.

Dirk

Dirk
                  Ok, Dirkthe test that we made went well, but what Iam refering to is this, I have a weather plug that tells me to do an event so it could tell me the current weather, in the action page I select "current weather" and the trigger and so fouth...., the "current weather" action seems to be some kind of scritp that perges info then its speaks it. how do we make it speak thru sonos? Adding to a linkgroup??
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Ok, Dirkthe test that we made went well, but what Iam refering to is this, I have a weather plug that tells me to do an event so it could tell me the current weather, in the action page I select "current weather" and the trigger and so fouth...., the "current weather" action seems to be some kind of scritp that perges info then its speaks it. how do we make it speak thru sonos? Adding to a linkgroup??
                    Any chance to grab some screenshots (hit ctrl PrintScreen, open paint, paste the screen shot, save as xxx.jpg and upload to the posting)? Do you need to specify somewhere a device ID for it to speak to or specify a speaker client?

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                      is it possible to create a script that I can pass the text to speak. Secondly, pass the text to speak and TTS device (whole house or first floor)
                      Mark, check out the help file (Click HELP on top of Homeseer webpage and select help file for SonosController), there is a bunch of info on the use of the speaker proxy and scripting.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

ok this is what I have? maybe Iam not explaining rigth, but this should be a easy task.
                        Attached Files
                        Hector
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

seems to me that we need a sonos action so it can redirect speech to linkgruop in setup page in sonos...
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

this is my setup page
                            Attached Files
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

seems to me that we need a sonos action so it can redirect speech to linkgruop in setup page in sonos...
                              I suspect the plugin "speaks" to device zero. Can you do something, go to the sonosconfig page, click "DEBUG" on and click "SAVE". Than run the Ultraweatherbug announcement and collect and either paste or email me the homeseer logfile (click LOG on top of HS page).

If you don't use the speaker client for anything but route announcements to the Sonos player, try the following:

go to the Sonosconfig page. At the bottom you have the table with all the linkgroup info (you called the linkgroup TTS have a source and destination player etc). In the table you see a column called "Speaker Device". For the row that you created write in the 'Speaker Device" column a zero (0) and save it. Any Speak event to device 0 (which is default) will now be routed to the TTS linkgroup.

Dirk

Comment

Alternative is to post to UltraJones and ask him how you can configure to route the announcement to a specific speaker device. I was just searching a bit, wouldn't be surprised that there is already a posting out there asking the same.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X