Linux Support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux Support?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I am wondering if you are going to convert this to a Linux plugin as well, and if that is something you are considering what the timeframe would be?

I have largely got my system moved to linux now, but have held off making the big jump until I get the things all across to linux and one of those things was this plugin which I use throughout the house quite a lot .

Are there any plans to support it on Linux, I am not sure if it uses any specific DLL's but hopefully they should work on Linux?

I should clarify, I don't so much mean run the plugin remote and connect to a linux server but rather run the plugin on the linux HS server.

Many Thanks!
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

I have not looked at this at all nor on my current short term plans. I have not even tried HS3 on Linux. Bottom line maybe one day but not on my radar right now.

Comment

No problems, thanks for being honest.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

+1 for Linux support

With the new Raspberry Pi 2 hardware out its would be possible to run both Squeezeplug and Homeseer on a Raspberry Pi 2 with very low power consumption.

Add in the SqueezeBox Plug-In and you have a very nice compact solution.

To be fair... when Windows 10 comes out and IoT picks up some it may be possible for this to work then as well if homeseer is ported to work with as Iot program.

Thanks

Comment

+1 for Linux support :-) Trying to save a little power here and moved to a RaspberryPI.. I have 6 squeeze devices, wouldn't be without them :-)

Thankyou..Pete
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Thanks and taking noted. So far no change to allocate time to port to Linux and test.

Comment

Thanks PCP anyway for acknowledging the request....there is still a diehard LMS community out there, with Squeezelite available deploying sound "nodes" has never been easier :-) RaspberryPI, USB DAC, Wireless dongle and you have an awesome sound machine :-)

Cheers..Pete
              HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

+1 for linux

Comment

Is there any way of running this on Linux?
                  With the Harmony plugin I saw that there was a couple things that could be changed and make it run, has anyone had any luck playing with this one and getting it to work, even if not to its full extent?

Comment

+1 for linux

Comment

+1 for linux

Comment

+1 for linux..
                        I'd be willing to pay again for the plugin
                        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

+1

Same here. Happy to pay if this can be done.

Ben

Comment

I just set up a Zee2 at my parents house and promised they of course would be able to control their Squeezeboxes from the house. Didn't realize the plugin wasn't supported on Linux!

Is this just a case of "haven't tried it on Linux" or does it actually not work?
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Okay, I just grabbed the files from my main HS3 server (Windows) (hspi_squeezebox.exe, hspi_squeezebox.exe.config and /html/images/squeezebox) and copied them to my test setup, a Zee2.

And what do you know! Seems to run like a charm!
                              Found the players OK, no hickups, no warnings or anything. I haven't actually tried to DO anything yet, but it seems to work.

PCP, you need to get this enabled for Linux now!

EDIT: I just created devices for one of my players, and I can controll it from the Zee2. No problem at all. The plugin behaves exactly as it does on Windows.
                              I'll test some events too.

EDIT 2: Events seems to work too. I'm calling it: The plugin runs on Linux.
                              In my experience, as long as you're keeping to .NET libraries only (this goes for third party dependencies too) a plugin will work without problem.
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
                              X