Zee S1 - CM15a - X10 RF sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee S1 - CM15a - X10 RF sensors

I guess I've now spent about a week researching how, if possible, to reuse the DS10a's I've had laying around since shutting down my old HS2 system after PC died and went to laptops and iPhone's/iPad's. I still have many various x10 devices including w800. After reading much about the Hometroller line I was lured back into Homeseer control again after buying and testing a Wink hub with some Z-wave devices but finding the Wink far limited to what I had been used to with my old HS2 system.

Anyway, the fact that the Zee was advertised as a standalone HS3 controller that would work with both X10 and Z-wave, WOW, now I could re-automate my home again using my old X10 and new Z-wave stuff and access with my iPhone and iPad.

But....so far I cannot find a way to reuse my DS10a door sensors and expect to find my old MS14a motion sensors useless as well. Question: Have any updates or information leading to a way to use my old w800 with my Zee or updates to CM15a to use its RF capability with existing X10 devices???
    Last edited by sportera; January 12, 2016, 12:13 PM.

I also like playing around with the DS10a's and use them in a lot of custom scenarios. I would also like to know if/how to use the W800 with the Zee.
    --------------------------------------------------
    **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

But....so far I cannot find a way to reuse my DS10a door sensors and expect to find my old MS14a motion sensors useless as well. Question: Have any updates or information leading to a way to use my old w800 with my Zee or updates to CM15a to use its RF capability with existing X10 devices???

I still utilize my W800's and looking at upgrading to an RFXCOM RX/TX combo.

(such that for X10 utilize a CM11A, TW-523, Volp X10 AMP, Volp dual phased TW-523 and currently the W800).

@BSR the W800 plugin works well with Homeseer 3 RFXCom plugin. The old ACRF plugin / author for HS2 is not much around these days....thinking he retired.

Use the wireless sensors for tinkering experiments and proposed wired PIR sensors. Tinkering DIY'd a Rain tipping bucket, irrigation rain sensor, lightning counter, night day stuff, et al.

I never have owned a CM15A USB device. That said there are a few users using the CM15A and the plugin has been working well. (Thank you Mark).
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I still utilize my W800's and looking at upgrading to an RFXCOM RX/TX combo.

(such that for X10 utilize a CM11A, TW-523, Volp X10 AMP, Volp dual phased TW-523 and currently the W800).

@BSR the W800 plugin works well with Homeseer 3 RFXCom plugin. The old ACRF plugin / author for HS2 is not much around these days....thinking he retired.
        Thanks for the reply Pete. So the RFXCom plugin will work on the Zee? Are any other drivers, Linux magic involved?
        --------------------------------------------------
        **** Do You "Cocoon"? ****

Comment

Are any other drivers, Linux magic involved?

RFXCom plugin (specifically for the W800) works the same for Windows and Linux and with the W800 and the RFXCom hardware. Both or just one or multiples of each.

The CM15A Linux (Specifically for the CM15A) difference is that it is using a Linux USB driver where as most or all of the other X10 stuff uses common serial ports in Linux. (ttyUSB0, ttyUSB1, ttyUSB2), and

the W800 Homeseer 2 ACRF plugin was free and the W800 Homeseer 3 RFXCom plugin is not free.

and

the CM15A Homeseer 2 plugin was free and the new CM15A Homeseer 3 plugin is free.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X