Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Tradfri and HomeSeer -> TrådfriSeer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Known issue:
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
      Known issue:
      Many thanks, I was reading twitter earlier before I was aware of the update and there is some considerable anger directed towards Ikea for this little change!

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Many thanks, I was reading twitter earlier before I was aware of the update and there is some considerable anger directed towards Ikea for this little change!
        Yeah, that is understandable. They completely took us (the developer nerds) by surprise. A little heads up would be nice!

Anywhooo, it's fixed now (or so I hope). See version 0.0.1.5 in the first post!
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yeah, that is understandable. They completely took us (the developer nerds) by surprise. A little heads up would be nice!

Anywhooo, it's fixed now (or so I hope). See version 0.0.1.5 in the first post!
          Thanks for the fix, all working OK here

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
            Thanks for the fix, all working OK here
            Great!

I have to admit I was a little nervous. I've only tested the solution for 10 minutes after it was fully implemented, and only on one system!
            However, it wasn't that much of a change, so I figured if it worked once, I had found the solution.

Comment

I have been having a few 'drop outs' which resolved if I de-initialised and then re-initialised the plugin.
              I saw the updated version and installed it. Now I get;
              Initializing plug-in(2): TradfriSeer Instance::Value cannot be null. Parameter name: sSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Comment

I just handled that such a message. It turns out the key (from the back of the unit) was wrong.

Apparently, the new version isn't as forgiving as the previous firmware.

Comment

I just handled that such a message. It turns out the key (from the back of the unit) was wrong.

Apparently, the new version isn't as forgiving as the previous firmware.
                  I'm not sure that is my issue, I have the key as a text file and so copy and paste when needed.

I have discovered that my hub appears not to be updating, it is 1.0.0008. The Android app tells me that 1.2.42 is the latest version. However the same app tells me I'm up to date. I emailed Ikea but got an unhelpful response. Is there a way to force a hub update?

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                    I'm not sure that is my issue, I have the key as a text file and so copy and paste when needed.

I have discovered that my hub appears not to be updating, it is 1.0.0008. The Android app tells me that 1.2.42 is the latest version. However the same app tells me I'm up to date. I emailed Ikea but got an unhelpful response. Is there a way to force a hub update?
                    Ah, OK, that makes more sense if you haven't been able to update the hub. Then use the previous version until you manage it.

I'm not sure if you can force an update, but 1.0.0008 is VERY old!

Comment

Comment

Nope. Runs even on Zee2.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for the reply! Now to figure out what directory to dumb it in

Comment

On Linux? It's "/usr/local/HomeSeer"

Comment

This is a side topic as such - but maybe relevant for some.
                              In my earlier posts I was having issues.
                              I'm now on my third Tradfri hub and now have a better understanding of the issue.
                              I have a Draytek router. They are a good router with lots of defense built in, so I am loath to stop using.
                              Tradfri hubs do not play nicely with the DHCP on my router. I turned off the DHCP, set up another DHCP server and I could connect and configure Tradfri. Back to the Draytek and nothing.
                              If I find a solution I'll post it.

Comment

On Linux? It's "/usr/local/HomeSeer"
                                Yup, got it setup. Works perfect!

I did not realize you can't use the Tradfri remotes without a bulb. Was hoping to use the remotes for input but that seems to be a bust

Anyways, great job on the plugin!

Comment

Working...
                                X