This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still having problems with Chromecasts.
    In the browser extension on my HS PC it is working ok, but during the day the app loses connection. Audio stream is playing and you can't stop it from HS. Or you can't start a new stream. Sometimes restarting the plugin works, sometimes you have to stop the steam with the webbrowser.
    The plugin also made devices for the groups I created in Android, but I can't send a stream to it from HS.
    Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
      Still having problems with Chromecasts.
      In the browser extension on my HS PC it is working ok, but during the day the app loses connection. Audio stream is playing and you can't stop it from HS. Or you can't start a new stream. Sometimes restarting the plugin works, sometimes you have to stop the steam with the webbrowser.
      The plugin also made devices for the groups I created in Android, but I can't send a stream to it from HS.
      When the plugin loses connection, does a disconnect / re-connect from the root device make it work again?
      Could you provide some debug logs when you got such problem. Thanks.

I haven't looked into groups yet, so I'm not surprised they don't work. I didn't expected the plugin to automatically create devices for them.

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
        This plugin is great. I'm building a new house and will be using a bunch of Chromecast Audios instead of my usual set of SONOS connects. I was thinking about routing everything through an XAP800 to be able to switch the HS Speak audio to the amps, but this makes that unnecessary!

Along with group functionality, it would be really cool if this could pause playing audio from Play Music or spotify, or a video that's already playing on a regular CC, play the HS speak message, and then go back to playing whatever was playing before. Do you have any sense of whether that will be possible or not?

thank you
        mike
        This is going to be extremly difficult to do because you can't just pause what's currently playing and then unpaused after HS has finished speaking. When HS takes control of the chromecast, the current application is stopped, so it means the plugin would need to restart it and reload the media that was playing before, which would need some specific code for each possible app: Google play, Spotify, Youtube, Netflix, etc... because each app has a specific protocol which as far as I know is not documented anywhere.

Basic controls like pause, play, next, previous are generic though. I tested that today and I can now send those basic commands to any app. It will be in the next version of the plugin.

Comment

In version 3.0.0.4 available in first post of this thread, you can now use the play, pause, stop, previous and next buttons with other media applications (i.e Google Play Music, Youtube, etc...), and I have added 3 new devices: Application, Title and Image (see screenshot below)

Click image for larger version

Name:	devices.png
Views:	1
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	1192733

Comment

Looks great. Do you think it is possible to cast an ip camera stream? I tried to put in the url in Chromecast action event but apparently it was too long and the url was shortened. Can you make the length of the url box longer so we can put in more characters?

Comment

Originally posted by superwerder View Post
              Looks great. Do you think it is possible to cast an ip camera stream? I tried to put in the url in Chromecast action event but apparently it was too long and the url was shortened. Can you make the length of the url box longer so we can put in more characters?
              yes it should be possible.
              what format is the stream?

even if the box is too short, it should not shortened the url. What does it look like?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                When the plugin loses connection, does a disconnect / re-connect from the root device make it work again?
                Could you provide some debug logs when you got such problem. Thanks.

I haven't looked into groups yet, so I'm not surprised they don't work. I didn't expected the plugin to automatically create devices for them.
                When the plugin loses connection, it sometimes helps to speak something from HS.
                Or I have to stop the stream from chrome.
                Or I have to restart the plugin in HS.

This still happens with the new version 3.0.0.4.

Nice to see the title of the stream, but can you also add the artist?
                It would be very helpful if you can also show the stream URL when another app is streaming to the Chromecast.
                I use TuneIn Radio to stream a radio station, but when I want to start the stream from HS, I need to know the URL of the stream to add it to an event. Now I have to search on internet and the URL is sometimes hard to find.
                I have added to logs when having problems to stop the streaming.
                Attached Files
                Peter

Comment

yes it should be possible.
                  what format is the stream?

even if the box is too short, it should not shortened the url. What does it look like?
                  I have tested a bit more and it seems it's the "&"-sign that causes problems. I can add characters before the "&"-sign but it always cuts the url at the "&"-sign.

I think the stream is a MJPEG stream. What should I put in the MIME type box?

Comment

I have tested a bit more and it seems it's the "&"-sign that causes problems. I can add characters before the "&"-sign but it always cuts the url at the "&"-sign.

No programmer myself but Sur so recall the use of & somewhere? Or maybe that was XML scraping?

Comment

cant cast

Hi,
                      I have 3 chromecast which are on and seen by the plugin. If testing they will speak also. I can't seem to cast any media to them. Also, how will I update the plugin to .04 version in zeetroller. Not on topic but how can i access the file or root directory on raspberry.
                      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
                        When the plugin loses connection, it sometimes helps to speak something from HS.
                        Or I have to stop the stream from chrome.
                        Or I have to restart the plugin in HS.

This still happens with the new version 3.0.0.4.

Nice to see the title of the stream, but can you also add the artist?
                        It would be very helpful if you can also show the stream URL when another app is streaming to the Chromecast.
                        I use TuneIn Radio to stream a radio station, but when I want to start the stream from HS, I need to know the URL of the stream to add it to an event. Now I have to search on internet and the URL is sometimes hard to find.
                        I have added to logs when having problems to stop the streaming.
                        Please test version 3.0.0.5, I made some changes to handle unexpected disconnections.

I will add an artist device in the next version.

As for the url I think you could find it in the debug logs.

Comment

It should be fixed in version 3.0.0.5, please try this version.

For the mime type I would try: video/x-motion-jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by pammimcgill View Post
                            Hi,
                            I have 3 chromecast which are on and seen by the plugin. If testing they will speak also. I can't seem to cast any media to them. Also, how will I update the plugin to .04 version in zeetroller. Not on topic but how can i access the file or root directory on raspberry.
                            Thanks
                            What kind of media are you trying to cast, what's the url?
                            To install a beta version on your zee you need to use SSH using putty as explained here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=162297

If you are not confortable with Linux command line, just wait that I put the new version in the updater.

Comment

Please test version 3.0.0.5, I made some changes to handle unexpected disconnections.

I will add an artist device in the next version.

As for the url I think you could find it in the debug logs.
                              When I can't communicate with a Chromecast, I see this error in the log when I send the stop command:
                              Code:
                              Oct-20 21:35:17	 	Chromecast	ERROR System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: value at Google.Protobuf.ProtoPreconditions.CheckNotNull[T](T value, String name) at Extensions.Api.CastChannel.CastMessage..ctor(String destinationId, String sourceId) at SharpCaster.Models.MessageFactory.StopMedia(String destinationId, Int64 mediaSessionId, Nullable`1 requestId) at SharpCaster.Channels.MediaChannel.d__9.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at SharpCaster.Controllers.BaseMediaController.d__4.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget.d__60.MoveNext()
                              Oct-20 21:35:17	 	Device Control	Device: Chromecast huiskamer Audio Huiskamer Status to Stop (1)
                              Oct-20 21:35:17	 	Event	Event Trigger "radio radio uit - Chromecast Audio Huiskamer"
                              Would be helpfull if URL was in the normal log.
                              In debug the log gets a lot of heartbeat lines:
                              Code:
                              Oct-20 21:35:16	 	Chromecast	DEBUG RX: {"type":"PONG"}
                              Oct-20 21:35:16	 	Chromecast	DEBUG RX: urn:x-cast:com.google.cast.tp.heartbeat
                              Oct-20 21:35:16	 	Chromecast	DEBUG TX: {"type":"PING"}
                              You see this every second. Does the plugin have to ping/pong that often?
                              Found that a ping is needed every 5 seconds to keep connection alive here:
                              https://github.com/thibauts/node-cas...ster/README.md
                              Peter

Comment

Plugin expired. Do we have to purchase now, or when Beta is over?

Comment

Working...
                                X