X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

event email trigger fails

Hello,

I have an event defined that watches for a change in device status. Upon change, it's supposed turn off a device and send an email. The event trigger works in that the device is turned off as expected, but the email fails with:

04:37:36:6388:[Error]->Exception creating email for sending (To:mike@mydomain.com, cc:, bcc:, Sub:Attic Bug Zapper Turned ON, Attach = '@' is not a valid email address.
    Parameter name: address
    04:37:36:6396:[Warning]->Sending email failed with an irrecoverable error - mail not sent.

I am able to send emails directly from the OS (Linux) to the user using the systems postfix mailer, and other applications that send email work without issue.

If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this error, please let me know.

Thanks to you all in advance,
    -Mike

I've had this error in the past. Have you checked your SMTP server values in Tools/Setup/Email tab ?

If you post them here (blocking sensitive info), we could compare.

Comment

You are the man. Thank you!

I never thought the email settings would be inside the application. I just thought it would pass it to the OS like most other UNIX applications do and let sendmail/postfix handle it.

Comment

Working...
      X