Multiple Units listed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Units listed

Not sure what I did wrong, but somehow I have multiple copies of the same units on my Device page. The correct number of units show in the Manage Plugin section. I wanted to start using Alexa, so as instructed I went through the home page clicked on each unit and renamed them using full names rather than the abbreviated names in the OmniPro. However now both sets of names (abbreviated and full) appear in the device list. In some cases, the abbreviated name even appears multiple times. What the heck did I do? The list of units in Alexa is huge.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have another report of this happening and have been trying to reproduce it. I think what is causing this is trying to add new devices prior to the plugin being completely started-up. I'm working on a fix that will not allow changes to the HS devices until the plugin is ready.

In the meantime, in HS, click on the checkboxes on the left of each device you want to delete, then click the dropdown at the very top to bulk-delete the devices. When you have HS looking like you want, go into Alexa, forget all devices and re-scan.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      I have another report of this happening and have been trying to reproduce it. I think what is causing this is trying to add new devices prior to the plugin being completely started-up. I'm working on a fix that will not allow changes to the HS devices until the plugin is ready.

In the meantime, in HS, click on the checkboxes on the left of each device you want to delete, then click the dropdown at the very top to bulk-delete the devices. When you have HS looking like you want, go into Alexa, forget all devices and re-scan.
      Thanks. I will try that today. One other note that I neglected to mention. On the device list page, when I click on the item to add the complete name and link the device to the appropriate OMNI device, I see multiple choices for the same unit - one with the short name, one with the full name. Now maybe I messed things up as the first time through I changed the "device name" rather than the "voice command" (the older directions I was following didn't show a "voice command" name, just a "device name") Ugh I do think I messed things up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by feobrien View Post
        Thanks. I will try that today. One other note that I neglected to mention. On the device list page, when I click on the item to add the complete name and link the device to the appropriate OMNI device, I see multiple choices for the same unit - one with the short name, one with the full name. Now maybe I messed things up as the first time through I changed the "device name" rather than the "voice command" (the older directions I was following didn't show a "voice command" name, just a "device name") Ugh I do think I messed things up a bit.
        Did as you recommended. Seems all clean up now
        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X