This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polling of Insteon Devices

I have noticed that the device status does not update automatically on the web or HST application. You can manually update device status from the web App but not HSTouch. My Insteon Hub does this automatically. Is there something I am missing or is this the way the plug-in works?....I have checked the Plug-in setup page I have not checked the Disable automatic polling box. Thanks...

Although the option is there for special purposes, polling is usually not required. Insteon devices generally broadcast their status instantly, so the HS Home device list should reflect the current state of your devices.

Check one of your devices under Plug-ins/Insteon/Configuration/Manage devices. In the section 'Device Link Table', you should see one link with "Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer". If not, then you need to press the button 'Program device for HomeSeer' to establish a link between your device and HS so that status from your device is processed by HS.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
      Although the option is there for special purposes, polling is usually not required. Insteon devices generally broadcast their status instantly, so the HS Home device list should reflect the current state of your devices.

Check one of your devices under Plug-ins/Insteon/Configuration/Manage devices. In the section 'Device Link Table', you should see one link with "Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer". If not, then you need to press the button 'Program device for HomeSeer' to establish a link between your device and HS so that status from your device is processed by HS.
      Here is one device:

Edit Device Links<hr noshade="noshade">

Insteon Device ID: 33.8F.A1
      Device Name:Fan Light
      Device Location:Computer Room
      Device Type: Dual-Band SwitchLinc Dimmer
      Firmware Version: 44

<hr noshade="noshade">Device Link Table

<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0" border="0"> <tbody><tr><td colspan="0"><input class="formcheckbox" name="selectlink_2" value="checked" type="checkbox"> </td><td colspan="0">Link #2</td><td colspan="0">Switch/Load has local control reporting to HomeSeer</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="0"><input class="formcheckbox" name="selectlink_1" value="checked" type="checkbox"> </td><td colspan="0">Link #1</td><td colspan="0">Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #0 (i2CS Registration Link) - On Level: 0%, Ramp Rate: .5 Sec.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="0"><input class="formcheckbox" name="selectlink_3" value="checked" type="checkbox"> </td><td colspan="0">Link #3</td><td colspan="0">Switch/Load is controlled by HomeSeer using RF PLM Group #254 (HomeSeer All Devices Group) - On Level: </td></tr></tbody></table> , Ramp Rate:

Comment

I clicked the Update Interface database and the following was shown on the Main configuration page:

You have 23 internal Insteon device(s) registered in the system, 0 external device(s), and 0 group(s).
        These devices and groups currently consume 69 link database entries in your interface.*
        You have 254 unused outbound link addresses out of 254 total available.

* Click the Display Interface Links button below to update this number.

The following are unregistered Insteon addresses found in the network.
        40.F8.EE found in Deck Lights
        44.D0.89 found in Deck Lights
        40.F8.EE found in Dining Room Table Light
        44.D0.89 found in Dining Room Table Light
        40.F8.EE found in Front Hall Hall Light
        44.D0.89 found in Front Hall Hall Light
        40.F8.EE found in Front Lawn Driveway Lights
        44.D0.89 found in Front Lawn Driveway Lights
        31.72.0A found in Front Porch Porch Lights
        40.F8.EE found in Front Porch Porch Lights
        44.D0.89 found in Front Porch Porch Lights
        20.7F.88 found in Guest Bathroom Light
        40.F8.EE found in Guest Bedroom Fan Light
        40.F8.EE found in Kitchen Breakfast Nook Light
        44.D0.89 found in Kitchen Breakfast Nook Light
        34.50.7F found in Kitchen Cabinet Lights
        40.F8.EE found in Kitchen Cabinet Lights
        40.F8.EE found in Kitchen Light
        44.D0.89 found in Kitchen Light
        40.F8.EE found in Living Room Couch Lamp
        44.D0.89 found in Living Room Couch Lamp
        40.F8.EE found in Living Room Couch Lamp 1
        44.D0.89 found in Living Room Couch Lamp 1
        40.F8.EE found in Living Room South Ceiling lights 3-way Secondary
        44.D0.89 found in Living Room South Ceiling lights 3-way Secondary
        40.F8.EE found in Master Bedroom Fan Light
        44.D0.89 found in Master Bedroom Fan Light
        40.F8.EE found in Master Bedroom Night Table Lamp
        44.D0.89 found in Master Bedroom Night Table Lamp
        40.F8.EE found in Master Bedroom Night Table Lamp 1
        44.D0.89 found in Master Bedroom Night Table Lamp 1
        40.F8.EE found in Master Bedroom Vanity Light
        44.D0.89 found in Master Bedroom Vanity Light
        40.F8.EE found in Master Bedroom Wall Sconce Lights
        44.D0.89 found in Master Bedroom Wall Sconce Lights

The following devices have duplicate links:
        Kitchen Breakfast Nook Light (5,6)

Comment

I suspect you were using the HS version of the Insteon plugin before, or perhaps the Insteon mobile app. This would explain the unregistered devices.

When you installed the Sandler Insteon plugin, did you register your devices (add or tap add) against this plugin? Previously registered devices won't be recognized by the Sandler Insteon plugin.

Comment

EUREKA!....Now it is working.....thank you very much. I added the devices using the tap method and the links must not have been set until I re-linked them..... now when I toggle the switches they register correctly on the HSTouch app.....

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X