Remotec ZRC-90us on Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMBillRE View Post
    I'm looking for something like this but that works like the MINIMOTE that you press a button to start an Event.
    Thanks
    On the Zwave plugin menu of Homeseer there is an entry to define scenes. My current guess is that for this remote to work the scenes must be defined in HS and downloaded to the remote. Please see under the Settings area if there is a way to associate scenes with buttons.

(You can trigger HS events when Zwave scenes are activated)

Comment

Originally posted by IMBillRE View Post
      ADDITIONAL NOTE: Each one of the Unhandled frame notations in tan in the log are from when I pressed a button on the Remotec
      Same here:

Z-Wave Warning Z-Stick: Unhandled frame for command class: COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE Received on interface Z-Stick
      According to this thread the NODON OCTAN remote also sends CENTRAL SCENE commands, and support was added for the OCTAN in the 3.0.1.41 beta Z-Wave plugin back in October 2015.

I'm wondering if the OCTAN was the first device ever seen by HS3 that used CENTRAL SCENE commands. If so, then it's possible that plugins prior to 3.0.1.41 don't know how to handle CENTRAL SCENE.

Comment

Grabbing the latest beta appears to have fixed the problem.

The device status is now displaying stuff like: "Scene 006 Key Pressed Twice"

The log is now displaying stuff like: "Device: Node 65 Z-Wave Central Scene Set to 6003"

Then you can build an event trigger like: "IF Node 65 Z-Wave Central Scene changes and becomes Scene 001 Key Pressed"

And that works.

But I wonder if Central Scene 6003 can drive a Z-Wave scene directly.

Comment

I just ordered a few. Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Yes, I'm getting the same Unhandled Frame response. I guess I have to take the beta route. Are there any known negative issues in the beta?

Thanks

Comment

will order one when I see that HS has added support for the Remotec ZRC-90 or when someone can confirm that the controller easily works with HS.

Comment

Works great here, running the latest zwave version
                Attached Files
                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                The Netherlands
                Using:
                Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                Plugin's:
                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                  Works great here, running the latest zwave version
                  Good to know. Thanks.

Can you associate devices to key presses directly? Or need to write an event for each key?

Comment

Originally posted by etobian View Post
                    Good to know. Thanks.

Can you associate devices to key presses directly? Or need to write an event for each key?
                    Yes, you have to create events.
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

So is it working?

Did anyone get it to work out-of-the-box with HomeSeer?
                      (creating events is out-of-the-box for me - beta-fiddling is not)

Comment

Just received mine today , got 2 of them , it works out of the box , you include it and use it in events .

here is a list of triggers , you can run 3 scenes per button which is great .

Pressed
                        Held down
                        Pressed twice

Released is the same as held down because when you lift your finger after holding down it changes to released again .
                        Attached Files

Comment

ZRC-90 Toggle?

First off, this is my very first post as I'm a new Homeseer User. I just got a couple of these things (ZRC-90), and I have one working. I'm not a fan of the Double Tap, or the Holding Down of the button. Yea, I'm difficult. Is there a way to tap button one ON, and tap again for OFF? Maybe a script that can determine the actual status of the device being operated and operate accordingly?

Comment

Hi Guys

Just got one of these units configured and working but having a few issues:

1. Cannot get the unit to report battery status, has been on same timestamp report for 3 days since adding it.

2. The button graphics are all coming up blank. eg. there is no image associated with the button presses. I can go in and map images manually but these disappear everytime I rescan the nodes.

I added the device using the 'L' button as this is the only thing that worked with my Aeon z stick.

Cheers

Comment

I'm not sure about the graphics disappearing (although -- why would you need to rescan the node?), but the battery status -- does it show 100%? Or some non-zero value? If so, it *may* be working. Battery status with HS3 does not change timestamps unless the value itself changes.

Comment

Hi mikedr

Ok so it may be working fine as the batteries are new and showing 100%, I will monitor and see if it drops over time.

The images keep defaulting whenever a rescan/reset of the node occurs or when a reboot occurs. It looks like there is a default path to no image selected for the button presses.

Comment

Working...
                                X