LED Bulbs for use with HS-WD100+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED Bulbs for use with HS-WD100+

Rich made a Home Depot run yesterday to pick up an assortment of LED bulbs to test with our new wall dimmer. I spent some time this morning checking them out. Interesting results. Of the 5 bulbs I tested, I can recommend 3 (Both Cree bulbs and 1 Phillips). The other 2 (1 Phillips, 1 Ecosmart) had significant problems. The results are charted here.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Wow thanks for this info and the time invested!!

Comment

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      Wow thanks for this info and the time invested!!
      A few support calls prompted this actually, but we've been thinking about doing it for a while. Using the right bulb is 1/2 the battle when dealing with LEDs. The 60 watt equivalent Phillips was the overall winner (IMO) and is also pretty darn cheap at just $4.97/ea.

Comment

Thanks so much for posting this. That is a great price!

I've had a couple of Cree failures within the past couple of months. One was on a HA-03 module, the other was on a non-HS controlled switch. Anyone else having Cree issues?
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

They're $2.97 right now! This is it boys (and girls, of course). This is what I've been waiting for. I have a bunch of switch loops (house form the 50's) and it didn't matter with the GE switches I got on fire sale at RadioShack. Now I guess I can actually be bothered to properly wire all of my switches and make the slow but steady move to the HomeSeer switches.

@ Mark,

So these things really will dim down to 1% without flickering using the Philips bulbs?! Also, I was unaware of LED bulbs flickering on the high end of dimming. So if you dim these to 99% they flicker?
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Thanks so much for posting this. That is a great price!

I've had a couple of Cree failures within the past couple of months. One was on a HA-03 module, the other was on a non-HS controlled switch. Anyone else having Cree issues?
            Yes, I had a few (of the original ones) that will inverted and the dome de-laminated and fell off! I had a couple others that stopped working altogether. In all cases, Home Depot replaced them at no charge.

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            They're $2.97 right now! This is it boys (and girls, of course). This is what I've been waiting for. I have a bunch of switch loops (house form the 50's) and it didn't matter with the GE switches I got on fire sale at RadioShack. Now I guess I can actually be bothered to properly wire all of my switches and make the slow but steady move to the HomeSeer switches.

@ Mark,

So these things really will dim down to 1% without flickering using the Philips bulbs?! Also, I was unaware of LED bulbs flickering on the high end of dimming. So if you dim these to 99% they flicker?
            The one bulb I tested that flickered (noticeably) at low levels was the 'vented' Cree bulb. The Philips 60 seemed pretty solid. Now bear in mind that I didn't include actual measurements of light output. However, the Phillips/60 was quite a bit brighter at 1% than the Cree/75 at 1%.

Your mileage may vary!!

Comment

Costco had their bulbs on a crazy sale for a while... a buck a bulb almost.

I bought them out and converted the whole house. I have 6 of them on one of these dimmers and no issues at all. They do turn off after you go below 10 percent, but don't flicker at all. This is for the floods.

Feit Electronics is the brand.

Comment

2 more bulbs added

We've added a Sylvania and UtiliTech bulb to the comparison chart. Link is here: http://www.homeseer.com/compare-led-...-hs-wd100.html

Comment

I just purchased Utilitech 100w equivalent dimmable lamps. They work well.

Tis a good question that is asked this day

Comment

Does any one hear the slight buzz that the bulbs emits with these dimmers? Even the approved Cree bulbs buzz.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I get it on my bulbs too, I think it's inherent of the bulb itself. I notice it with my GE dimmers as well, but only I notice it. No one else in the house does.

Comment

I am not noticing the buzz. I am using Linear and Aeon Smart Dimmers and Utilitech and GE bulbs. The GE dimmable 100 watt equivalent bulbs are $ 6.41 at my Sams. The biggest benefit of these bulbs for me is the reduction in heat in the rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Philips Warm Glow LEDs

So, after purchasing over 40 HS dimmers and switches, I asked HS what BR30 LED would work with their switches. I was told that it was up to me to figure it out. I wasn't very happy with that response and said so to the rep on the phone - in fact, he told me that there were no plans to test any other LEDs.

I did the testing (was told to buy one of each at Home Depot until I figured out what worked. Really?) and find that the Philips warm glow BR30 is electronically the same as the Philips A19 455857.

Now, a little about the model numbers. Using the 6 digit numbers is not as helpful as using the 10 digit model number because it seems that Philips changes the last couple of their 6 digit numbers depending on whether you purchase 1, 2, 4 or 6 packs.

So, it you're in Home Depot, use these model numbers:

For A19 - 9290011840
                          For BR30 - 9290011555
                          Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
                            So, after purchasing over 40 HS dimmers and switches, I asked HS what BR30 LED would work with their switches. I was told that it was up to me to figure it out. I wasn't very happy with that response and said so to the rep on the phone - in fact, he told me that there were no plans to test any other LEDs.
                            The bulb comparison chart was my doing actually. No other switch manufacturer offered this kind of information, so I thought it would be helpful. That said, we had to focus on the most popular bulb type since we didn't have an unlimited budget for this. Thank you for sharing the information about your BR30 testing.

Comment

Working...
                            X