www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Lighting & Primary Technology Plug-ins > Lighting & Primary Technology Discussion > HomeSeer Zigbee Plug-in

HomeSeer Zigbee Plug-in Discussions relating to the Zigbee plug-in

Old January 17th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Seer Master

Are there more enhancements coming? Still not sure why I lost control of my devices.
Old January 18th, 2017, 04:34 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechFan View Post
Are there more enhancements coming? Still not sure why I lost control of my devices.
I had to reset my gateway and all devices, re-add them, and import them again to regain control.

Earlier, I had mentioned that the RGBW light wasn't showing the correct brightness status in the web interface. I added the lights in reverse order this time and it seem the second imported device is not showing the correct on/off status. . .light control still works.
Old January 18th, 2017, 07:58 AM
OverSeer

It's been three weeks. Any updates soon?
HSPro 3.0.0.435, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:29 PM
Seer

I too cannot access my gateway.

Token authorization fails.

I have reset and re added devices and still can cloud connect.

I bought the gateway after seeing this as a new option and cannot use it.

Any ideas or updates coming?
Old January 19th, 2017, 05:32 AM
OverSeer

The app uses the cloud, so you are either entering the wrong credentials or your HomeSeer server cannot reach the Osram cloud (which seems unlikely).

Note that the serial number should end just before the "-".
Old January 19th, 2017, 05:38 PM
Seer

I have tried every combination or serial number entry to no avail.

My phone with the Osram Lightify App works like a charm on my local wifi.

One time today, it gave me a succesful connection and then I attempted to create devices and it failed. So I retested and never got a succesful connection again.

There was an exception in the 'Send' function: Invalid JSON primitive: Object.
Jan-19 11:52:10 AM
ZigBee Error: There was an exception retreiving the authorization token
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Seer Master

I put out a new version that separated out the color and temperature when a zigbee object has that option.

I haven't seen any errors with the hardware we currently have for testing.

Be sure that the zigbee object you have works with the lightify app.

You need to use that app to add the zigbee object to your lightify network..., the plugin will not add it for you.

website | products | support | youtube
I know nothing...., nothing!!!
Old January 19th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbg0333 View Post
I have tried every combination or serial number entry to no avail.

My phone with the Osram Lightify App works like a charm on my local wifi.

One time today, it gave me a succesful connection and then I attempted to create devices and it failed. So I retested and never got a succesful connection again.

There was an exception in the 'Send' function: Invalid JSON primitive: Object.
Jan-19 11:52:10 AM
ZigBee Error: There was an exception retreiving the authorization token
Authorization tokens are only good for 15 minutes after the last successful command.

The plugin should be reauthorizing if/when a token expires.

I will test more tomorrow to be sure there isn't an issue with that.
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:46 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
I put out a new version that separated out the color and temperature when a zigbee object has that option.

I haven't seen any errors with the hardware we currently have for testing.

Be sure that the zigbee object you have works with the lightify app.

You need to use that app to add the zigbee object to your lightify network..., the plugin will not add it for you.
I have a Commercial Electric Recessed Smart LED Downlight (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...6161/206029900) working via the Lightify app for both dimming and white color temp change, but no options that I see on Web Control or HSTouch for these options. I can only turn it on or off. Thoughts? I don't have any Osram Lightify products at the moment to see if it is just this device.

WORKING EDIT - I removed and re-added the device. Controls for both dimming and color temp are working for this device.

Last edited by blake; January 20th, 2017 at 03:04 AM.
Old January 20th, 2017, 03:42 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
Cool!

But my plugin only has "9 days left of evaluation". What do you intend to do about it?
Old January 20th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
I have a Commercial Electric Recessed Smart LED Downlight (http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...6161/206029900) working via the Lightify app for both dimming and white color temp change, but no options that I see on Web Control or HSTouch for these options. I can only turn it on or off. Thoughts? I don't have any Osram Lightify products at the moment to see if it is just this device.

WORKING EDIT - I removed and re-added the device. Controls for both dimming and color temp are working for this device.
I updated and deleted my lights in HS, then had the plugin create them again. . .but I am not seeing the controls for colors on my Lightify Flex RGBW string?
Old January 20th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Seer

Any other suggestions for me?

I have completely reset the gateway.

Re-added my lights.

Changed my password.

I still cannot obtain a successful test.
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:37 PM
Seer Deluxe

Has anyone been able to get this Cree bulb to work with the Osram Lightify hub?
Attached Images

Old January 20th, 2017, 04:40 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobee View Post
Has anyone been able to get this Cree bulb to work with the Osram Lightify hub?
I believe that is the one I have connected at home. It has worked fine. That and a set of the Lightify RGBW lightstrips.
Old January 20th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Seer Plus

Mine is connected with a sucessful test for cloud connection.

What combination are you using for the serial number?

Quote:

Re-added my lights.

Changed my password.

Old January 21st, 2017, 04:51 PM
Viewer

Zigbee with Elko dimmers and Thermostats.

Hello!

I am currently looking into a home automation system for my house, and are leaning towards Homeseer.
The only thing that is holding me back is the current Zigbee implementation.

We have a Norwegian manufacturer named Elko which recently released their new (but limited) smarthome solution, based on Zigbee.
Their solution only includes as far as I can tell, a small lineup of thermostats and dimmers. You can have a look here: http://privat.elko.no/smarthus/category1772.html

The reason I would like to use the Elko units is beacause they will fit in my current in-wall mounting boxes, and I am allready using their same design non-zigbee dimmers and thermostats in some rooms. So I will get an inplace replacement for old dimmers and thermorstats without any hassel.

But I havnt seen any mention of the Lightify supporting thermostats? (I might have missed it tho.)
What are the chances of this working out of the box?
Or is there any chance of a separate usb (or network) Zigbee adapter in the somewhat near future that will make this work?

Elko does sell its own gateway, but is has an very high pricetag of almost $1000.

Best regards,
-Christer
Old January 21st, 2017, 09:38 PM
Seer

Quote:

Re-added my lights.

Changed my password.

I had to drop the "-5G" from the end of my serial number for it to accept the gateway and confirm the test successful. Try just entering the serial number up to the dash at the end?
Old January 21st, 2017, 10:12 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristerSG View Post
Hello!

I am currently looking into a home automation system for my house, and are leaning towards Homeseer.

The only thing that is holding me back is the current Zigbee implementation.

We have a Norwegian manufacturer named Elko which recently released their new (but limited) smarthome solution, based on Zigbee.

Their solution only includes as far as I can tell, a small lineup of thermostats and dimmers. You can have a look here: http://privat.elko.no/smarthus/category1772.html

The reason I would like to use the Elko units is beacause they will fit in my current in-wall mounting boxes, and I am allready using their same design non-zigbee dimmers and thermostats in some rooms. So I will get an inplace replacement for old dimmers and thermorstats without any hassel.

But I havnt seen any mention of the Lightify supporting thermostats? (I might have missed it tho.)

What are the chances of this working out of the box?

Or is there any chance of a separate usb (or network) Zigbee adapter in the somewhat near future that will make this work?

Elko does sell its own gateway, but is has an very high pricetag of almost $1000.

Best regards,

-Christer

I personally wouldn't make plans on the beta Zigbee plugin.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 04:39 PM
Seer

Ok finally got connected.

The way the plug in was built with OSR0XXXX. I was assuming I just needed to fill in the XXXXXX.

Created a device with no problem with my light strips and succesfully controlled them.

Added a dimming switch via the app and wanted to creat the device in HS.

So hit create devices and got this.

Posting back to plugin web page ZigBee_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
Jan-22 2:35:49 PM

ZigBee Error: There was an exception in the 'Send' function: Cannot convert null to a value type.

I deleted my exisitng device and tried again and can now no longer add any devices.

Any ideas?
Old January 22nd, 2017, 08:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

Adding additional devices & HS status not updating

I attached 2 Cree bulbs to the app and then used the used the create homeseer devices in the plugin. Both created just fine.

If I turn them off or on via the plug in, they turn off or on and the lightify app shows them as off or on. If I turn them on or off via the lightify app, homeseer does not update with the new status but the bulb does.

Also - I got 2 more bulbs and added them in the lightify app with no issue. I then went to the plugin and "assumed" I should just hit the create homeseer devices again. This worked but it also created new devices for the ones I already had. How do we get the plugin to only create devices for new devices added to zigbee?

Thanks,

Michael