What can we use with this plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can we use with this plug-in?

I haven't been able to find much information on the zigbee plug-in. I am wondering if there is a list of devices somewhere that can be used with this plug-in. I have the sylvania smart+ (osram lightify) hub and a bulb and they work fine. Just need to know what else will work! thanks

Does anyone know if this plug-in will work with all zigbee devices or is it limited? Anyone!

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
      Does anyone know if this plug-in will work with all zigbee devices or is it limited? Anyone!
      I think it may be limited to Osram Lightify. I am using it with their bulbs and their gateway. It works well, but only for brightness and color temperature, not color.

Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
        I think it may be limited to Osram Lightify. I am using it with their bulbs and their gateway. It works well, but only for brightness and color temperature, not color.

Elliott
        I am contacting Osram to get a list of compatible products. Will post when I get them. There website is osram dot com. Email lightify@osram dot com.

Comment

https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...lug-in-for-hs3
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks. Are "Light Link" and "Link Smart" the same thing?

Does that include:
            We know Sylvania & Osram
            GE?
            TP-Link?
            Sengled?

How do we know for sure if these are all compatible?

Found this website:
            http://www.zigbee.org/zigbee-for-dev...ee-light-link/

It shows Zigbee Light Link, including GE, Greenwave, OSRAM Sylvania and Philips.

Comment

The Zigbee devices that can be seen are relating to the firmware on the OSRAM LIGHTIFY Wireless Gateway.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                The Zigbee devices that can be seen are relating to the firmware on the OSRAM LIGHTIFY Wireless Gateway.
                Thanks Pete. How does the "Light Link" play a part in all of this. Osram says they are compatible with it and the brands I mentioned all claim to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Elliott
                  I was at the Osram website and they show color bulbs in their list. I had to go into the app and select the device and then it showed an upgrade for one of the bulbs. I turned it off and then back on and then selected the upgrade button. It should show a progress bar as it upgrades. Might give that a try. I then saw a page where they had the main 3 colors and selections for each.

Comment

How does the "Light Link" play a part in all of this. Osram says they are compatible with it and the brands I mentioned all claim to use it.

Light Link is just Osram's proprietary name for their Zigbee protocal. Compatible brands work with the Osram Light Link Zigbee hub firmware.

Such that whatever is on Osram's list mentioned by cowinger will work. The Osram hub is the most cost reasonable at $28.00.

Same or similar to the use of the above Zigbee JowiHue paid pluging working with the RaspBee. IE: you can now do a ZNet like Zigbee thingamajig. IE: a Zigbee GPIO card on a RPi connected via a POE connection in the attic. Only difference is that it is not a cloud connected hub and will cost more than $50 with an RPi and GPIO Zigbee card.

My Zigbee Leviton serial ZIM has a tiny LCD display and allows connectivity to Zigbee appliance / light modules, thermostats and door locks. Not sure if it works with light bulbs. Thinking I paid less than $200 for the ZIM.

The Smarthings cloud connected hub talks ZWave and Zigbee. Paid less than $100 for the Smarthings hub. (well it was a gift - so it was free).

The Almond + talks ZWave,Zigbee and regular wireless and can be used as a cloud connected hub or not. Less than $200.
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      How does the "Light Link" play a part in all of this. Osram says they are compatible with it and the brands I mentioned all claim to use it.

Light Link is just Osram's proprietary name for their Zigbee protocal. Compatible brands work with the Osram Light Link Zigbee hub firmware.

Such that whatever is on Osram's list mentioned by cowinger will work. The Osram hub is the most cost reasonable at $28.00.

Same or similar to the use of the above Zigbee JowiHue paid pluging working with the RaspBee. IE: you can now do a ZNet like Zigbee thingamajig. IE: a Zigbee GPIO card on a RPi connected via a POE connection in the attic. Only difference is that it is not a cloud connected hub and will cost more than $50 with an RPi and GPIO Zigbee card.

My Zigbee Leviton serial ZIM has a tiny LCD display and allows connectivity to Zigbee appliance / light modules, thermostats and door locks. Not sure if it works with light bulbs. Thinking I paid less than $200 for the ZIM.

The Smarthings cloud connected hub talks ZWave and Zigbee. Paid less than $100 for the Smarthings hub. (well it was a gift - so it was free).

The Almond + talks ZWave,Zigbee and regular wireless and can be used as a cloud connected hub or not. Less than $200.
                      Thanks again Pete. Looks like there is quite a few choices now. I will await an email from them (hopefully) with a complete list. I will post if and when that happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X