Error From Renamed Input..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error From Renamed Input..

Just loaded and started trying out Meiku with one of my TCL tv's. I'm getting a log error msg. every time the plug-in polls:

Polling Device: Found a special app that is not in the plugin's library. Please contact the developer at https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1534. The value found was tvinput.cvbs,DVR for Roku ...

Apparently it's the result of the AV input being renamed 'DVR'. Roku TV provides several alternate names that can be chosen for any of the inputs.

The 'InputAV1' still works correctly on the Control device. It does not show up, however, in the App drop down selector.

Other than that minor issue the plug-in is great.

FYI, the 'Wake Up Roku (beta)' works great on my TCL tv using WiFi as long as the network card hasn't shut off yet (15 minutes I guess). After that the 'Toggle Power' won't work, at least over Wifi.

Thanks for the great plug-in..

Originally posted by bmil View Post
    Just loaded and started trying out Meiku with one of my TCL tv's. I'm getting a log error msg. every time the plug-in polls:

Polling Device: Found a special app that is not in the plugin's library. Please contact the developer at https://forums.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1534. The value found was tvinput.cvbs,DVR for Roku ...

Apparently it's the result of the AV input being renamed 'DVR'. Roku TV provides several alternate names that can be chosen for any of the inputs.

The 'InputAV1' still works correctly on the Control device. It does not show up, however, in the App drop down selector.

Other than that minor issue the plug-in is great.

FYI, the 'Wake Up Roku (beta)' works great on my TCL tv using WiFi as long as the network card hasn't shut off yet (15 minutes I guess). After that the 'Toggle Power' won't work, at least over Wifi.

Thanks for the great plug-in..
    Thanks for the compliments I'm glad the plugin can be of use to you.

I can see about fixing that bug. I assumed it would always return the same values even if the UI had them changed. Roku unfortunately doesn't give developers a list and I still don't have my Roku TV yet.

Can you do me a favor and call this and send me the XML?

http://[ip]:8060/query/apps

You can get the IP from the roku settings page on the roku tab. I will look at adding these links as well to the plugin for debugging purposes. Once I have that XML from you, I should be able to produce a fix rather quickly.

Comment

Here's the portion of the xml result containing the 'DVR' reference. Thanks for your response...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
      <apps>
      <app id="31012" type="menu" version="1.9.16">Movie Store and TV Store</app>
      <app id="31863" type="menu" version="1.3.5">Roku Home News</app>
      <app id="tvinput.hdmi1" type="tvin" version="1.0.0">HDMI 1</app>
      <app id="tvinput.hdmi2" type="tvin" version="1.0.0">HDMI 2</app>
      <app id="tvinput.hdmi3" type="tvin" version="1.0.0">HDMI 3 (ARC)</app>
      <app id="tvinput.cvbs" type="tvin" version="1.0.0">DVR</app>
      <app id="tvinput.dtv" type="tvin" version="1.0.0">Antenna TV</app>
      <app id="12" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="4.2.90015010">Netflix</app>
      <app id="2285" subtype="sdka" type="appl" version="4.9.2">Hulu</app>
      <app id="13" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="7.1.2017082110">Amazon Video</app>
      <app id="46041" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="5.4.64">Sling TV</app>
      <app id="13842" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="1.3.70500025">VUDU</app>
      <app id="50025" subtype="ndka" type="appl" version="1.7.48">Google Play Movies</app>
      <app id="17112" subtype="sdka" type="appl" version="3.1.2">CBS Sports</app>
      <app id="2213" subtype="sdka" type="appl" version="4.1.1559">Roku Media Player</app>
      <app id="2531" subtype="sdka" type="appl" version="4.0.2017103100">NHL.TV</app>
      (... list cut for brevity ...)
      </apps>

Comment

Out of curiosity, is that a composite input? If so, how many do you have?

Comment

Yes.. 3 HDMI, 1 Composite and 1 RF.

Comment

Originally posted by bmil View Post
            Yes.. 3 HDMI, 1 Composite and 1 RF.
            Ok. I will have a fix out tonight. I actually coded it 2 nights ago, but it was 1am and I didn't have time to package it. Last night life just got to me and didn't have time then either. I will try and package it tonight

Comment

@bmil, I released the update to fix this tonight. Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Let's see if I can clearly describe the test I did after the update..

Turned the TV on (power up defaults to the 'DVR' (AV1 renamed) input). Enabled the updated plug-in. It showed the Active App correctly as 'DVR' and the Active App drop-down list shows the 'DVR' app instead of the AV1 input.

I then renamed the 'HDMI 3 (ARC)' input. Besides the 20+ predefined alternate names the Roku interface also allows you to create a 'custom' name of up to 15 characters for any input. I renamed the 'HDMI 3 (ARC)' input to 'homeseer'.

Since the 'Poll Apps' setting is 1 day I clicked the Rescan Apps button and the plug-in indicated that Roku had it's Apps updated. However, the Active App drop-down list still displayed the 'HDMI 3 (ARC)' label instead of it's renamed 'homeseer' label. Using the drop-down list to switch to the 'HDMI 3 (ARC)' input successfully switched to the correct input it just didn't recognize that the input had been renamed by Roku TV.

I hope this helps and thanks again for your effort...

Comment

Ok, so when I rescan for apps, I'm only looking for new ones to add and missing ones to remove (if you have that option selected). I never thought about changing the name if it was different, but that is a great idea.

I will work on that for you and release a new version hopefully sometime this weekend or early next week.

Comment

Working...
                  X