Polling... how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polling... how?

Does HomeSeer have a "automatic" polling function, or do I have to script it or make an Event?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

It is under the Modify device for the devices. There is a box showing Poll Device Every # seconds.

Comment

.. and if that particular device doesn't have that option?

(This is an extra power usage device for an Appliance Module. I see the Root Device has that option, is enough to set it here?)
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Yes, most polls are set on the root device.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I found using a script and properly putting waits between different devices eliminated ALL Z-Wave "timeouts" and polling errors.

'course right now I think my stick died...if it is not one thing, it's another!

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Yes, most polls are set on the root device.
            OK, I've set it up to poll every 900 seconds (should be each 15 minutes) but the accumulated kW used is not updating...

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
            I found using a script and properly putting waits between different devices eliminated ALL Z-Wave "timeouts" and polling errors.
            Allright, if I have to I have to, but I was hoping to avoid this...

Comment

Working...
            X