Can't install Squeezebox plugin after uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install Squeezebox plugin after uninstall

Tried to update my squeezebox plugin from 2.0.3 to the beta 2.1.0.11, downloaded and installed, but in the about tab still saying 2.0.3 So I uninstall the plugin from control panel. From there I can't either install the beta or the stable release from the updater ... Run updater from homeseer, installed the plugin, restart homeseer, log says installing, ok in the window of the installer, but it's not listed in the pluggins niether interfacest tab in homeseer. Control panel listed in programs installed, but homeseer doesn't show anything of the plugin.

Homeseer ver: 2.5.0.49 Pro

Thanks!

Are you running HomeSeer as a service? Did you reboot after the uninstall? Are there any errors in the HomeSeer log file when HS starts up?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp. I did reboot after uninstall, homeseer is not running as service, and the log is showing all is normal:

01-08-2012 22:18:52 - Updater - Starting installation of updates
      01-08-2012 22:18:52 - Updater - Applying update: SqueezeBox
      01-08-2012 22:18:53 - Updater - Executing installer and waiting for it to finish: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\updates2\SqueezeBox2.0.3.2\HomeSeerPluginSqueezeBox_2. 0.3.2.msi
      01-08-2012 22:26:51 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\hspi_squeezebox.ini
      01-08-2012 22:26:51 - Updater - Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\Config\SqueezeBox.lf
      01-08-2012 22:26:51 - Updater - Installation of updates completed
      01-08-2012 22:26:51 - Startup - Restoring Device Status...

But, it is not found as a plugin in the log, and not listed in homeseer.
      This is driving me crazy ...

Comment

Update, funny thing, the installer was not copying the file HSPI_SQUEEZEBOX.DLL to the homeseer folder ... now I'm as the begining, version 2.0.3.2 and 2.1.0.11 installed, but I have no mp3 option for TTS, only showing the 2.0.3.2 options in config ... what else do I have to do for version 2.1.0.11 to run?

Thanks ...

Comment

When you run the installer for 2.1 beta 11 could there be any confusion on your server (registry) where HS2 is installed and installs it in a different location? when you install 2.1 beta 11 does it install in the same folder as 2. 0.3.2 (C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO per log below). Can you search for the DLL? What you need is a copy of the beta 11 DLL in root Homeseer installation folder; you could copy it manually.

Comment

Working...
          X