No announcement yet.

HS3 and way2call Plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A while back we had a poll to make the HSPhone a separate plugin. While there was interest; there was not enough. Many folks now are using the Zee2 Homeseer 3 box.

This would allow the use the running of HSPhone on a Wintel PC and managed by a Linux Homeseer 3 PC.

My two Way2Call boxes today have been utilized over 10 years and probably closer to 15 years.

That said I have never updated the firmware and have always utilized an external power source. Never have had a problem.

Here have a hybrid configuration of my phone lines with copper, voip and cellular (backup).

The cellular modem also functions as an Internet backup with the use of PFSense.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

ITguyHS,

My Hometroller S6 Pro I purchased a couple of months ago and is 32 bit. Would I be correct in assuming that on the way2call downloads page I need to download the :

Multiple Device Driver (MDD) lattest version 2.01.16.1 32 bit (September 24, 2010)?

I couldn't upgrade the firmware if I wanted to as I have windows 7 on the hometroller and you HAVE to be running windows XP for it to work. If you don't use windows XP to update firmware then you can damage the way2call unit according to the way2call website and this thread?

When I download driver on hometroller sytem do I download file to downloads folder and unzip it? How does it get installed. Does the hometroller then need to be powered down & then I plug way2call into hometroller usb port and then power everything up for it to recognize way2call unit and install driver? Thanks again for all your help and clarification !!!!!!! Rick

Comment

Guessing that the way2call drivers are already in the HomeSeer directory.

Personally I would start posting your HSPhone questions over here...

=====>Way2Call Hi-Phone (Hardware Interface)
        Best test to to just plug in the USB port.

Go the the HS Phone tab and configure HSPhone to connect to the W2C device.

You should see it connecting in the logs.

I have attached two programs to test and manage/configure the w2c device. These both will work but you need to shut down HS3 to utilize them.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Pete; January 9, 2018, 08:04 AM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What Pete said, except DO NOT plug your W2C into USB until after you've installed the drivers! There's a big warning about that in the HS install instructions. It might not cause a problem...but why take the chance?
          When I download driver on hometroller sytem do I download file to downloads folder and unzip it? How does it get installed. Does the hometroller then need to be powered down & then I plug way2call into hometroller usb port and then power everything up for it to recognize way2call unit and install driver?
          After you unzip the driver file into a folder, run the Install.exe file as administrator. That will handle the rest.
          Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

ITguyHS,

Does it matter what folder the way2call driver is downloaded to. Also with it being my personal system wouldn't I automatically be the administrator? Where would I check? Thanks again !!!! Rick

Comment

Hi Rick,
              For the folder, just put it anywhere - the install program will put stuff where it needs to be. I usually create a master folder for my HS-related stuff [NOT in the HS install folder], with a sub-folder for each item [like the W2C drivers]. That way, I can easily find my HS downloads if I need them again.

I haven't dealt with Windows 7, but look for Users, then check the properties for your user. You're probably right about already being Admin, but better safe....
              Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

ITguyHS,

Thanks again !!!! I checked with Homeseer Tech Support and Tyler said that the HometrollerHS3 S6 PRO has the way2call drivers installed. I looked in the homeseer hs3 folder and the homeseer folder and could not locate these drivers. I wanted to make sure the drivers are actually there before connecting the way2call unit. Just don't want to take a chance!!!!! Any idea where I might find the drivers on the hometroller S6 PRO system? My S6 Pro was purchased around 5 minths ago. If I can't locate the drivers would you advise plugging the way2call hardware up to the computer? Is there another way to verify the drivers are loaded without plugging into the way2call unit? Thanks again for all your great help !!!!! Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
                  ITguyHS,

Any idea where I might find the drivers on the hometroller S6 PRO system? My S6 Pro was purchased around 5 minths ago. If I can't locate the drivers would you advise plugging the way2call hardware up to the computer? Is there another way to verify the drivers are loaded without plugging into the way2call unit?
                  I'm at a loss on how to verify without plugging in the W2C, and I'd be reluctant to do that without knowing the drivers are there. Maybe Pete can help.
                  Fred

Comment

Moved this post to the How To's section of the forum as I do not see a Homeseer Phone section for Homeseer 3.

How to use Windows Homeseer 3, HSPhone and Way2Call

Here utilize Linux only such that will build a Homeseer 3 VB in Windows to test. Thinking it is only one way to call DLL that is utilized.

@Rick - you can help me build this short DIY reading what I write to make sure I have written it correctly.

Please post your questions under the "How To" post and not here.
                    Last edited by Pete; January 11, 2018, 11:21 AM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete and ITguyHS,

Pete.....I tried to make a post in the thread "How To" you mentioned and could not do so because I am not authorized. I agree with ITguyHS regarding not plugging way2call unit into hometroller without verifying that the drivers are actually installed on my hometroller. We all know that way2call units are hard to come by so will error on the side of caution. What method is there of actually verifying the drivers are installed on my hometroller system? I have checked every directory I can think about on the hometroller system with no luck. Also checked in device manager with no luck. Any suggestions on where to go from here? I tried asking homeseer technical support and so far they are not much help on this issue. They say they don't support way2call. They say that the drivers are installed on hometroller but haven't responded on how to verify they actually did get installed. Seems I am caught in a catch 22 scenario. Also would I be correct in assuming you can power up the way2call to see if it even powers up with the way2call NOT plugged into the hometroller? Thanks again for all your help and for hanging in there with me !!!!! Rick

Comment

Ahhh, I just looked at Pete's "how to" again, and now I understand what he's doing. If you install the drivers and they already exist, that's a "no harm, no foul" deal. It will just replace what's there [if anything] with the new ones. Then you can safely plug in your W2C and go from there.

I'd say go with the instructions in Pete's how-to and you'll be fine!
                        Fred

Comment

Yes the HSPhone / W2C stuff is much more simplified in Homeseer 3 versus Homeseer 2.

In Homeseer 2 the W2C drivers had to be installed in the Homeseer directory to work such that they were in two places - IE: the wizard and Homeseer directories.

In Homeseer 3 the W2C drivers are installed in the /windows/system32 directory which is only a default location for either the Wizard or Homeseer. ALL of the drivers start with W2C*.*. There are 5-6 drivers. Don't bother with it and just install the W2C install program posted. (32 bit for a 32 bit OS or 64 bit for a 64 bit OS).

I have attached a picture in the help files section post.

What method is there of actually verifying the drivers are installed on my hometroller system? I have checked every directory I can think about on the hometroller system with no luck.

As mentioned in the How To the Homeseer Phone piece is already there. Nothing needed for this piece. For use of the Way2Call box you need to install the drivers as I do not believe they are included with the base Homeseer box you have. There is absolutely nothing that will break your computer. As mentioned the check is done when you plugin the W2C box and look at your control panel devices. You will see the drivers there.

Also would I be correct in assuming you can power up the way2call to see if it even powers up with the way2call NOT plugged into the hometroller?

If you plug in the 12VDC PS to the W2C box with no USB cable going to HS one LED lamp will light up on the box.

When connected to HS and Phone lines then two LEDs will light up. When testing device with Wizard then they all blink (recall that you NEED to use the Wizard to validate your connection from your Homeseer box to the W2C device).

Very plug n play. Just do what I wrote in the help me file. You cannot break anything.
                          Last edited by Pete; January 12, 2018, 11:02 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete and ITguyHS,

I verified the drivers were NOT installed on my system. One of Homesser's support guys said they were there. I am glad I took the time to verify this. At any rate I was able to download the drivers and successfully install them once the way2call unit was plugged in. Yeah.....finally. That is a big step forward thanks to you and ITguyHS. I verified everything installed properly by looking in device manager under sound as you mentioned. Only problem I am having now is I can't find the test wizzard you talk about? In the downloaded files there is a file called TestWiz.ex_ I don't see any .exe file for the test wizzard? Any thoughts on this are appreciated. Also on my old homeseer system I used the homeseer internal modem for hsphone. I took the phone line cable I had plugged into that modem and plugged it into the line in of way2call unit. Is this correct or would I plug this cable into the phone in of way2call unit? A bit confused on this. Guess I could try both line and phone inputs. I am not at least for awhile going to be using hsphone in HS3 , but would still like to verify way2call will work by testing with your test wizzard. The first thing I want to do is to create a manual event to run the test script ITguyHS presented in this thread to take phone off hook, send touchtones and then put phone back on hook again. Your help is much appreciated again along with ITguyHS and any clarification on the test wizzard is much appreciated. Maybe you could send me the file for the wizzard seperately....... Rick

Comment

Pete&ITguyHS,

Take a look at my post previous to this one. I used notepad to enter vbscript that ITguyHS suggested earlier in this thread that he mentioned worked with his way2call unit and hs3. I entered the script lines into notepad and saved as PhoneTest.vb. I then saved it in homeseer3 directory in the scripts folder. I tried creating an event triggered manually then run a script or script command. When trying to run it said it was an invalid script when trying to run PhoneTest.vb. suggestions on how this should be done are much appreciated. Still also need to be able to run way2call test wizzard mentioned in previos post before this one. Made some good progress today thanks to you all !!!!! Thanks again for all your help !!!!! Rick

Comment

Thank you Rick for your input.

Your questions have me adjusting the help me file. I did leave out a picture of the group and Way2Call wizard program and adding that today.

Note that this group of files is standard for any Windows installation of the W2C drivers / wizard program.

IE: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.

I have updated the help me file and included a picture of the group / wizard executable and mentioned the fact that the W2C drivers are not part of the base Homeseer 3.

See here ==> How to use Windows Homeseer 3, HSPhone and Way2Call
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X