Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Smart Coffee Makers?

Hi,

Current coffee pot start leaking ....again...so its time to see if someone is using a smart coffee maker connected to Homeseer?

Thanks
    Chris

Wife?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Zwave plug with a coffee maker that can be left on and when the power kicks on it starts a brew?

Comment

I believe there is a plugin for this coffee machine.

If you are a more adventurous, take a look here.
        Jon

Comment

jon00

Thanks Jon00

Man that is an expensive coffee machine at $300 USD, may need to pull in some Xmas gifts for this !
          and for the second option I am not that adventurous!

do you know which is the plug-in?

Thanks
          Chris

Comment

For the Plugin, contact Moskus via a Private Message
            Jon

Comment

Here is what we have done, and I suggest. Buy a nice, high quality coffee maker, not a cheap one that has problems after a few years. Here simple is actually better, and will last longer. My suggestion is a Moccamaster.
              https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ds=moccamaster
              They have old style simplicity (although models with modern style pots are also available), will make one of the best pots of coffee you have ever had, replacement pieces are readily available if needed (like a new or extra carafe or etc), they still have a safety shut off after a few hours even though they use a rocker switch, and you can automate them with an automation power outlet.

To make coffee, we push the button for the outlet along the counter that it is plugged into, in order to power off the circuit, and then we turn the rocker switch on the coffee pot on. Then in the morning, Homeseer turns on the outlet at the designated time. After a few hours, the Moccamaster rocker switch flips itself back to the off position.

Many of our friends, family also have Mochamaster coffee makers, some of them having had them for over a decade. Ours is about 5 years old, and as good as the day we bought it.
              Last edited by Automated; November 20, 2016, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Here only drink espresso in the morning and have gone analogue these days. Old electronic espresso maker only made two shots at a time so purchased one of the 12 cup Bialetti espresso makers.

This one works fine for 7 shots which I use for my coffee mug. Only thing is that it is time consuming (grinding beans et al). I can automate it by using a hot plate.

I would like some time to get an antique espresso maker; not sure though that it would fit on the kitchen counter.
                Attached Files
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

We have a nice bean grinder separate from the coffee maker, which we can also dial in for expresso. There is definitely a taste difference between grinding the night before versus grinding just before making a pot, but when I have 4 am meetings as a normal thing, having the pot ready when I walk into the kitchen takes precedence. On the weekend we opt to grind it in the morning and then make a pot.

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
                    Man that is an expensive coffee machine at $300 USD,
                    If you think that's expensive-

http://www.clivecoffee.com/product/s...o_machine.html

Comment

That is expensive

Slayer coffee machine ->Customizations start at $9500...wow...

I reached out to Smarter Coffee Machine to see if they have 110-120 volts machines since they seem to be made only for countries that like efficiency 240 vs 110V...aka..Europe

Thanks everyone
                      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
                        Slayer coffee machine ->Customizations start at $9500...wow...

I reached out to Smarter Coffee Machine to see if they have 110-120 volts machines since they seem to be made only for countries that like efficiency 240 vs 110V...aka..Europe

Thanks everyone
                        Chris
                        There are a ton of coffee makers (search programmable coffee maker) that have timers built into them, so I'm not sure "automating" it would help all that much (the switch would probably be as much as the coffee maker)

Personally, I like fresh ground and brewed coffee so we have a Capresso machine and I just use the internal timer to turn it on each morning.

Z

Comment

Any Smart Coffee Makers?

Originally posted by Conrad_Turbo View Post
                          Zwave plug with a coffee maker that can be left on and when the power kicks on it starts a brew?

For the past 15 years I have been using an x10 appliance module to turn on my very inexpensive Black and Decker coffee pot. I replace the coffee pot every year. I still use an x10 module controlled by HS3. I'm on my 2nd or 3rd module.

I use a cheap coffee pot and buy better coffee!

Oh, I also weigh the coffee beans before I grind them. 1.10 oz of coffee per 12 cup pot.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                          2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Used to use an X10 module with my dumb coffee maker plugged in. Currently using a Mr Coffee Wemo and Homeseer/IFTTT integration. It's been working pretty well for a few months.

Comment

Working...
                            X