Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live or work near a Microsoft Store? I need your help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live or work near a Microsoft Store? I need your help!

I was planning to upgrade my Xbox One to an Xbox One X. After all, Red Dead Redemption 2 is comming!

However, Microsoft has for some stupid reason discontinued their Kinect adapter and before I can upgrade I need one. My two daughters got "Just Dance 2018" and while it is possible to use it without Kinect, it's just so much better with it!

If you work or live near an Microsoft store, can you check if the store has an (*gasp*) $40 Kinect adaptor they have not sold? I will of course pay for it and shipping to Norway.
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

@Magnus,

Look for a Gamestop selling refurbished Kinects near me.

I purchased a few from Gamestop a couple of years ago to integrate with Spud's Kinect plugin.

PM me when you find them. They are under $20 USD these days.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      @Magnus,

Look for a Gamestop selling refurbished Kinects near me.

I purchased a few from Gamestop a couple of years ago to integrate with Spud's Kinect plugin.

PM me when you find them. They are under $20 USD these days.
      Well, I don't need the actual Kinect, just the adaptor for Xbox One/PC. And they are getting pretty pricey on eBay...

I'll check, though.
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

The wireless adapter is $24 new at Gamestop.

I purchased the Kinects without the adapters and found them on Ebay for around $5 a couple of years ago.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I purchased the Kinects without the adapters and found them on Ebay for around $5 a couple of years ago.
          Do a search now...
          The prices are crazy!

Comment

Yes just noticed. Here only utilized the Kinect 360 stuff for the Homeseer plugin.

Found an article on MFST this morning

Demand for the Kinect Adapter had been pretty intense over the past few months due to its rarity but yesterday’s confirmation that Microsoft has now ceased production of it altogether has pushed interest in it into overdrive.

As a result of this demand, the most-popular trending suggestion over on Microsoft’s Xbox UserVoice website is now one about Xbox One X buyers and how they should be provided with a free Kinect Adapter as Microsoft likely stopped making them before the Xbox One X even came out. This means that any Xbox One console owner who is upgrading to an Xbox One X is essentially being forced to dump their Kinect sensor due to the newer console not featuring a Kinect port. A few lucky Xbox One X buyers have been fortunate enough to track down an elusive Kinect Adapter but most haven’t been either due to them all being sold out in stores being resold at prices as high as $399 on auction sites like eBay.

[ATTACH]65577[/ATTACH]

Googling on Ebay see...and yes looks like they are selling for over $100 USD now...Geez...

Checking out Gamestop and see this one for $39. Is this the same one?

Xbox One Kinect Adapter by Microsoft

My old Kinect 360 / Gamestop endeavor had me calling the stores as the internet Gamestop sites didn't reflect their inventory.

Even calling didn't really work as I ended up driving to a few of the Gamestop stores and then sales folks tried to get me to purchase a game
            plan the price of a small vehicle with 10 years of payments...

Anyhow ....look at the Gamestop websites and look for your stuff...make a list with phone numbers and I will call to see about stock...
            Last edited by Pete; January 4, 2018, 07:57 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Checking out Gamestop and see this one for $39. Is this the same one?

Xbox One Kinect Adapter by Microsoft
              Yeah, that's the one.

My old Kinect 360 / Gamestop endeavor had me calling the stores as the internet Gamestop sites didn't reflect their inventory.

Even calling didn't really work as I ended up driving to a few of the Gamestop stores and then sales folks tried to get me to purchase a game
              plan the price of a small vehicle with 10 years of payments...
              I hear various things about Gamestop, but wow...!

Anyhow ....look at the Gamestop websites and look for your stuff...make a list with phone numbers and I will call to see about stock...
              I'll see if I can find it.
              Thanks, Pete!

It's not the end of the world, just really annoying.

I'm surprised China isn't flooding the marked with these adapters. There is clearly a marked for them...

Comment

I'm surprised China isn't flooding the marked with these adapters. There is clearly a market for them..

They were flooding the market with the Kinect 360 stuff a while ago.

Yeah my last visit to a Gamestop place noticed it seemed that I interrupted the sales person game play and he appeared to be distant when he spoke to me...like he was not on the planet earth...
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                X