This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STARGATE Plugin

Does anyone know where the HSPRO 2 STARGATE plugin has gone? Does not appear to be in the HS2 updater any more.

Thanks,

Mark

Sounds interesting, what did it do?

Comment

Originally posted by Markrat View Post
      Does anyone know where the HSPRO 2 STARGATE plugin has gone? Does not appear to be in the HS2 updater any more.
      I can't answer your question specifically, but I do know that the plug-in had it's problems. In anticipation of the move to HS3 I stopped using it and substituted ASCII messages between HS and SG. For me, that has worked far more successfully than the plug-in did and I would highly recommend it as an alternative.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thank you Mike,
        I've been using HS2 to keep in touch with my Stargate for years now, and when I switched to HS3 for everything else, continued with HS2 just for Stargate, and used Jon00's transfer plugins to communicate between the two.
        Unfortunately the HS2 machine finally failed recently, hence trying to find the plugin again to install it on a new machine.
        Messy arrangement probably I know... but short of time (as we all are!) and it seemed to work fine for me for years.
        I don't know the first thing about ASCII messages, so it looks like I'll have to do some reading up on this.
        Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

I summarized what I'm doing in this thread. It might be a place to start.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Many thanks Mike,
            More than just a place to start! Certainly much of the answer to what I might need to get out of Stargate, that's for sure.

Comment

I second Mike's comments. I've had much better success with the ASCII messages than I did with the Stargate plugin. It has worked very well.

Comment

Thanks Burrington,

Definitely sold on the principle.... just need to work on the implementation now!

More future proof than a plugin as well I suspect, so well worth the effort!!

Comment

If you decide to give up on Stargate, I switched to the Elk M1Gold and with Ultra's plugin, never looked back.....

Food for thought.
                  -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                  Way2 Call
                  Elk M1 Gold
                  UPB HAI switches
                  HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

That's probably a better long term solution. But the Stargate has been rock solid for many, many years, so its hard to let it go...

Comment

I would second that......

Mine has been running at least 20 years now, and so far it's never let me down.

It provides a solid, reliable core controller for the fundamentals of my house, whatever the PC is up to, whether everything Microsoft is behaving itself, either the internet has gone to lunch, or we've just suffered a power outage.

You really do forget that it's there, until you want to modify its programming.

I am loathe to retire it until the day it electronically dies!

ASII seems to function perfectly well for what I use it for, so many thanks to those who opened my eyes to this.

Probably 10 years since I last had the Stargate manual out, so had completely forgotten that it could communicate like that in truth.

I'm 20 years older too of course since it arrived with our family, who call it Arnold by the way, so abandoning it now would really seem a little like losing a relative!

Comment

Working...
                      X