www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr)

HAI/OMNI Panel for HS3 Plug-in (rmasonjr) Discussion about Rob Mason's HAI/OMNI Panel Plug-in

Closed Thread

Old February 19th, 2018, 03:47 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhampe View Post
RC2000 thermostat humidify and dehumidify setpoints.
ah - gotcha...

HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi2 (Raspbian)
64 Z-Wave Nodes, 162 Events, 293 Devices
UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler
Old February 20th, 2018, 12:59 AM
Seer

I am using with 3 ACL and they show up in HS but status is always reported as Unlocked. If I make changes in HS they show up in PC Access, but not the other way around. Nothing shows up in the log when changing in PC Access or the lock.
Old February 20th, 2018, 08:54 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by automatte View Post
I am using with 3 ACL and they show up in HS but status is always reported as Unlocked. If I make changes in HS they show up in PC Access, but not the other way around. Nothing shows up in the log when changing in PC Access or the lock.
Email me your log file and I'll take a look.
Robmasonjr67 at Yahoo dot com

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old February 21st, 2018, 07:27 PM
Seer

Logs sent.
Old February 21st, 2018, 11:21 PM
Seer

[QUOTE=rmasonjr;1351326]John
Try removing one of your dimmable devices and re-add it. The option to do should be built.
]

Rob, I did remove/re-add, and now the Is Dimmable box is checked, and Advanced says Dim True! So that part works. I also checked the Is Light box, it was not checked by default, and I'm not sure what that really controls.

However, actually operating the light is still confusing to me. Is there anything written anywhere that says how it is supposed to work? Here's what I observe:

From PC Access, my X-10 switches respond to On, Off, Toggle, Dim, Brighten, but not Light Level. Dim and Brighten are in "steps" 1-9. From the OFF state, Dim or Brighten commands seem to turn ON, then dim 1 step, so to 90% full regardless of step entered. Not sure if really dims. From any ON or dimmed state, DIM command steps brightness down that number of steps, BRIGHTEN command steps it up that number of steps.

From HS3 GUI, device responds to ON, OFF buttons no problem. From OFF state, slide slider right to about 80%, light turns on then dims to about 20% of full, and slider slides back itself to 23%. From OFF, slide right 10%, light turns on then dims to 90% of full, slider stays at 10%. From a dimmed state, sliding slider right a bit DIMS the light some, and slider slides back itself. The status increments by a few % implying light is brighter, but actually it is more dim.

From HS3 Control Panel, ON, OFF commands OK. Other options are DIM 1-99%. From OFF state, Dim 20% turns light on, dims to about 80% full, as expected. Anther Dim 20% steps down to 60%, etc. But, no way to step back up, no Brighten command, so have to turn light OFF, then back on.

From Alexa control, ON, OFF works. From OFF state, DIM nn% command steps down, can be repeated and keeps stepping down. BRIGHTEN command has no effect, although Alexa says "OK". ON command from dimmed state has no effect. OFF command always works. So Alexa thinks there is a Brighten function, PC Access has Brighten, but HS3 does not seem to know about it.

I have not tried these experiments with the UPB lights, but the HS3 control panel only shows DIM commands for them, no BRIGHTEN, so I am not hopeful.

Maybe I am missing some basic information, but some of these behaviors are not very intuitive.

Thanks for any clarifying knowledge or comments...
Old February 22nd, 2018, 10:28 AM
OverSeer

This is good info - thanks...

I'm hitting a wall on dimming/brighten/light level. I have to make sure that Alexa/Google Home support works. The challenge is how to build all of that into HS devices and events. Right now, the behavior you are seeing is only sending DIM commands which are not matching up with with the DIM steps 1-9 in OMNI.

So, let me brew on this for a bit before I get DIM/BRIGHTEN going. What I'm focusing on is how to make HS/OMNI behave just like PCAccess.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 12:11 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmasonjr View Post
This is good info - thanks...

I'm hitting a wall on dimming/brighten/light level. I have to make sure that Alexa/Google Home support works. The challenge is how to build all of that into HS devices and events. Right now, the behavior you are seeing is only sending DIM commands which are not matching up with with the DIM steps 1-9 in OMNI.

So, let me brew on this for a bit before I get DIM/BRIGHTEN going. What I'm focusing on is how to make HS/OMNI behave just like PCAccess.
Great, good luck! I know it is a challenge even to understand the terms and options. Let me know if I can help or check out some behavior.

I am not sure all X-10 dimmable devices respond the same or respond to all possible commands, and I suspect UPB may also be different. I will try similar tests with my UPB devices and post.
Old February 25th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Seer

[QUOTE=Jfree23;1352291]
Quote:
John
Try removing one of your dimmable devices and re-add it. The option to do should be built.
]

Rob, I did remove/re-add, and now the Is Dimmable box is checked, and Advanced says Dim True! So that part works. I also checked the Is Light box, it was not checked by default, and I'm not sure what that really controls.

However, actually operating the light is still confusing to me. Is there anything written anywhere that says how it is supposed to work? Here's what I observe:

From PC Access, my X-10 switches respond to On, Off, Toggle, Dim, Brighten, but not Light Level. Dim and Brighten are in "steps" 1-9. From the OFF state, Dim or Brighten commands seem to turn ON, then dim 1 step, so to 90% full regardless of step entered. Not sure if really dims. From any ON or dimmed state, DIM command steps brightness down that number of steps, BRIGHTEN command steps it up that number of steps.

From HS3 GUI, device responds to ON, OFF buttons no problem. From OFF state, slide slider right to about 80%, light turns on then dims to about 20% of full, and slider slides back itself to 23%. From OFF, slide right 10%, light turns on then dims to 90% of full, slider stays at 10%. From a dimmed state, sliding slider right a bit DIMS the light some, and slider slides back itself. The status increments by a few % implying light is brighter, but actually it is more dim.

From HS3 Control Panel, ON, OFF commands OK. Other options are DIM 1-99%. From OFF state, Dim 20% turns light on, dims to about 80% full, as expected. Anther Dim 20% steps down to 60%, etc. But, no way to step back up, no Brighten command, so have to turn light OFF, then back on.

From Alexa control, ON, OFF works. From OFF state, DIM nn% command steps down, can be repeated and keeps stepping down. BRIGHTEN command has no effect, although Alexa says "OK". ON command from dimmed state has no effect. OFF command always works. So Alexa thinks there is a Brighten function, PC Access has Brighten, but HS3 does not seem to know about it.

I have not tried these experiments with the UPB lights, but the HS3 control panel only shows DIM commands for them, no BRIGHTEN, so I am not hopeful.

Maybe I am missing some basic information, but some of these behaviors are not very intuitive.

Quick update on UPB behavior, from PC Access:
UPB switches respond to On,Off, Dim, Brighten, Toggle, Light Level. From OFF state, they do NOT turn on to 100% with a dim, brighten command, so dim from off does nothing, brighten steps up as entered, light level sets to what you entered. From ON state, dim, brighten step down or up as expected, and light level just sets to new level that you specify. Pretty much all as expected.

From HS3 GUI, UPB response to ON, OFF OK. From OFF, sliding to 80% results in 20% on state, and slider slides back by itself, kind of backwards and like X10. From ON state, slider is like for X10.

From Alexa, ON, OFF is OK. She responds to all commands with OK. From OFF state, no response to any command except ON. From ON state, both dim and brighten commands result in lights dimming x%. Also responds to Set command, but lights respond by dimming in steps in all cases, does not set the level directly.

John
Old February 25th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Seer

Installed the update. I can see the locks and I can lock and lock from home screen. Two questions - one of my locks appears twice, both seem to work even though they have different "OMNI Q- " numbers in the details. Thoughts? Also should it now be possible for Alexa to "Lock" doors (actually would not want it to unlock due to security concerns) and provide the status (locked/unlocked)??
Thanks again
Old February 25th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Seer Deluxe

[QUOTE=Jfree23;1352784]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfree23 View Post

Quick update on UPB behavior, from PC Access:
UPB switches respond to On,Off, Dim, Brighten, Toggle, Light Level. From OFF state, they do NOT turn on to 100% with a dim, brighten command, so dim from off does nothing, brighten steps up as entered, light level sets to what you entered. From ON state, dim, brighten step down or up as expected, and light level just sets to new level that you specify. Pretty much all as expected.

From HS3 GUI, UPB response to ON, OFF OK. From OFF, sliding to 80% results in 20% on state, and slider slides back by itself, kind of backwards and like X10. From ON state, slider is like for X10.

From Alexa, ON, OFF is OK. She responds to all commands with OK. From OFF state, no response to any command except ON. From ON state, both dim and brighten commands result in lights dimming x%. Also responds to Set command, but lights respond by dimming in steps in all cases, does not set the level directly.

John
Hey Rob,

I am having the same experience with dimming. It is definitely broken in this build. You know me, I don’t want to recreate my events or devices!

-Travis
Old February 25th, 2018, 10:07 PM
Seer Deluxe

[QUOTE=Jfree23;1352291]
Quote:
John
]

My dimming and/or setting UPB device levels are mucked up as described above. When moving the HS sliders the sliders and the light levels are spastic. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? One question, if I remove and re-add 'one' device as suggested is it supposed to fix or have any effect on all the remaining mucked up UPB devices? No I didn't make a backup from .24 to .25 (MY BAD.) I have a Zee2 and the only practical way to do that is to make an image of the entire SD card before hand. I didn't think a version change from .24 to .25 would be that dangerous. BTW - if anyone has a better backup AND restore trick for a Zee2 please let me know by starting a new thread (sticky?) I don't want to hijack this one.
Old February 25th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

[QUOTE=avpman;1352892]
Quote:

My dimming and/or setting UPB device levels are mucked up as described above. When moving the HS sliders the sliders and the light levels are spastic. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot? One question, if I remove and re-add 'one' device as suggested is it supposed to fix or have any effect on all the remaining mucked up UPB devices? No I didn't make a backup from .24 to .25 (MY BAD.) I have a Zee2 and the only practical way to do that is to make an image of the entire SD card before hand. I didn't think a version change from .24 to .25 would be that dangerous. BTW - if anyone has a better backup AND restore trick for a Zee2 please let me know by starting a new thread (sticky?) I don't want to hijack this one.
I know, I know, I know. I have no excuse. I do have a previously backed up, cloned sd card I could try. But it's likely got an old HS version and the HAI branded plugin on it with some missing devices. Will take a little work to get it current. Or should I just lick my wounds and wait for the dimming to be fixed in a .25+ version?
Old February 25th, 2018, 11:41 PM
OverSeer

[QUOTE=avpman;1352899]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avpman View Post

I know, I know, I know. I have no excuse. I do have a previously backed up, cloned sd card I could try. But it's likely got an old HS version and the HAI branded plugin on it with some missing devices. Will take a little work to get it current. Or should I just lick my wounds and wait for the dimming to be fixed in a .25+ version?
Wait a couple of days and let me see if this next version will get you going.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
Old February 26th, 2018, 11:49 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by feobrien View Post
Installed the update. I can see the locks and I can lock and lock from home screen. Two questions - one of my locks appears twice, both seem to work even though they have different "OMNI Q- " numbers in the details. Thoughts? Also should it now be possible for Alexa to "Lock" doors (actually would not want it to unlock due to security concerns) and provide the status (locked/unlocked)??
Thanks again
You're ok to delete one of them if both can be controlled.
On the Alexa side, you'll have to try it out to be sure. Check the lock's Status Graphics tab. Under the Control Use, it should have an entry for Lock and Unlock. If those are set, I see no reason it shouldnt work.
Old February 26th, 2018, 11:50 AM
OverSeer

[QUOTE=Daweeze;1352890]
Quote:
Hey Rob,

I am having the same experience with dimming. It is definitely broken in this build. You know me, I don’t want to recreate my events or devices!

-Travis
[QUOTE=avpman;1352892]
Quote:

Sit tight for a bit and I'll have it sorted out. The way dimming works across the different devices is a bear. I'll make sure to repair any devices rather than delete/re-add.
Old February 26th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Sit tight for a bit and I'll have it sorted out. The way dimming works across the different devices is a bear. I'll make sure to repair any devices rather than delete/re-add.
You got it. Just let us know if it takes longer than you expect to resolve. All of my night lighting events use dimming and are broken until this is fixed. No biggie to roll back to the previous version if the fix takes more than a day or two.

-Travis
Old February 26th, 2018, 06:20 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
You got it. Just let us know if it takes longer than you expect to resolve. All of my night lighting events use dimming and are broken until this is fixed. No biggie to roll back to the previous version if the fix takes more than a day or two.

-Travis
I rolled back right away...there wasn't anything critical for me in the new version. Thought I was losing my mind for a while, though, trying to troubleshoot. Events in my HS3 have an incestuous relationship with automation in the OP2. Gets confusing.
Old February 28th, 2018, 04:00 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hey Rob,

Any activity/luck on the fix for this or should we just roll back at this point? Just looking for direction.

-Travis
Old February 28th, 2018, 04:08 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daweeze View Post
Hey Rob,

Any activity/luck on the fix for this or should we just roll back at this point? Just looking for direction.

-Travis
Roll back for now. I have the issue fixed in this latest version, but its only for new devices (units). I havent coded the fix for current devices. I'm also waiting on Leviton for a support question.

Sorry for the delays.
Old February 28th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Roll back for now. I have the issue fixed in this latest version, but its only for new devices (units). I havent coded the fix for current devices. I'm also waiting on Leviton for a support question.

Sorry for the delays.
You got it, no biggie. Thanks Rob!

-Travis
Closed Thread