Incorrect weather data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect weather data

Now that my radar maps have been normal for a few weeks, leave it to something else to break. I've already seen this happen a few times. The days in the forecast will change and the forecast data is wrong, too.
    The days in the photo are all 2 days ahead of what they should be, and forecast data is not for this area. I looked at the 10-day forecast on the WU page for the same station WeatherXML is using, and it doesn't line up.

(on version 3.0.0.78)
    Attached Files

This has been happening about once a day now. It usually only lasts a few minutes before the correct forecast comes in, but what's strange is that it's always the same incorrect data. Always starts with Wednesday and the forecasted weather and temps are always the same. Any idea how this is happening?
    Current conditions seem legit, just nothing from the forecast.
    Here's another from just a few minutes ago:
    Attached Files

Comment

And after a forecast refresh, it returns to normal:
      Attached Files

Comment

Are you pulling data from a weather station or are you using the lat and lon setting?
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
          Are you pulling data from a weather station or are you using the lat and lon setting?
          Both?

I have both a lat/lon setting as well as a station selected, so maybe just the station.

Comment

Change the dropdown that has the station selected to Use Lat/Lon
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Change the dropdown that has the station selected to Use Lat/Lon
              Sounds good.

Comment

Changed to lat/lon. No dice. FWIW, it only lasts for about 1 forecast update.

Comment

Seems to be happening multiple times a day now despite the location setting.

Comment

When the data is showing incorrect, please check the XML file to see if it has that data. I don't save any old data in the devices so I don't know how the device values would be getting set to old values.
                    --
                    Jeff Farmer
                    HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Mine is doing this too. Maybe once per day. The forecast is way off. I'll try to capture the xml next time.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

If you go to the wxml schedules page there is an option checkbox labeled Backup and a textbox to set how many backup xml files to save. That way you can find a copy of the xml file. The backups are in the HS3\Data\weatherXML\backup\ directory.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I got my XML file and I see dates in there from January 3 - January 9. I'm guessing this is where the "old" data is coming from, but why?

I sent a copy to your email.

I then did a refresh of the forecast, and the XML file shows only the current 8 days with no reference to the January days. So this looks to be on WU's end....again.
                          Attached Files

Comment

At least with this one I can add some code to look at the import date. If it's in the past I can stop the update of the data.
                            I've added that to my to do list.

Just curious, how often do you have the forecast data being downloaded?
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

At least with this one I can add some code to look at the import date. If it's in the past I can stop the update of the data.
                              I've added that to my to do list.

Just curious, how often do you have the forecast data being downloaded?
                              The schedule is set for every 1 hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X