www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Jon00's plugins and scripts

Jon00's plugins and scripts Discussions related to Jon00's plugins and scripts.

Old November 19th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon00 View Post
Looks fine...currently at a loss.
Damn...you would think, if it will run fine for 30 minutes, it should be good to go.... HS3 has been getting wacky ever since .363. .363 was crashing hard on me, so the tech told me to try upgrading to .383... with .363 your plugin worked, but HS crashed. with .383 your plugin crashes, but HS works, kinda...
Old November 19th, 2017, 11:17 AM
OverSeer

Jon;

The error in my system always follows an event where the plugin devices are controlled, so it is only indicative that the devices are empty. After restarting this morning a couple of hours ago, the devices are still populated with plug-ins.

Nov-19 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode6.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
Nov-19 3:01:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Trouble Detection Z-Wave - restart plug-in"

Nov-17 3:23:10 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode5.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
Nov-17 3:23:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Misc Brultech Reset"

Nov-16 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
Nov-16 3:01:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Trouble Detection Z-Wave - restart plug-in"

I will attempt to find out what precedes their becoming empty. I don't know when it started behaving this way. I only found this problem a week ago and have been trying to get some idea as to when the devices become empty.

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old November 19th, 2017, 12:38 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
Jon;

The error in my system always follows an event where the plugin devices are controlled, so it is only indicative that the devices are empty. After restarting this morning a couple of hours ago, the devices are still populated with plug-ins.

Nov-19 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode6.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
Nov-19 3:01:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Trouble Detection Z-Wave - restart plug-in"

Nov-17 3:23:10 PM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode5.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
Nov-17 3:23:00 PM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Misc Brultech Reset"

Nov-16 3:01:10 AM Jon00_Plugin Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The operation has timed out. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at scriptcode7.VBWrapper.Main(String Parm)
Nov-16 3:01:00 AM Event Event Trigger "Utilities - Trouble Detection Z-Wave - restart plug-in"

I will attempt to find out what precedes their becoming empty. I don't know when it started behaving this way. I only found this problem a week ago and have been trying to get some idea as to when the devices become empty.
Randy...on version .363 it worked fine, on .383 is when things went bad. something has changed in HS between the two versions
Old November 19th, 2017, 12:48 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesready View Post
Randy...on version .363 it worked fine, on .383 is when things went bad. something has changed in HS between the two versions
Possibly. I know Jon's script works fine after a restart. It is only after HS has been running for a while that the devices lose all of their VS pairs, but I don't know how long. My devices still look correct after restarting HomeSeer almost 4 hours ago. Here is a screenshot from just now

Name:  Jon00Plugin1.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  113.0 KB

I went back to the HomeSeer database before I restarted this morning and the same device looked like this screenshot

Name:  Jon00Plugin2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  69.9 KB
Old November 20th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Seer Deluxe

I downgraded to .362, which is the beta before the official release. And now everything is working fine. thanks Randy and Jon
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:12 AM
OverSeer

24 hours later and both devices are still populated. HS V3.0.0.379.
Old November 20th, 2017, 07:38 PM
OverSeer

I just restarted HomeSeer with v3.0.0.384 and the devices are not populated with any plug-ins. It seems this problem might occur at startup. It was also happening with v3.0.0.379.
Old November 20th, 2017, 07:53 PM
OverSeer

Maybe something has changed at Startup which is not allowing things to be setup correctly. Perhaps running the script with an event after startup may work?

Old November 20th, 2017, 08:03 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon00 View Post
Maybe something has changed at Startup which is not allowing things to be setup correctly. Perhaps running the script with an event after startup may work?
It is intermittent, because it survives a restart the bulk of the time. I can try running it from an event. I'll comment it out in startup and move it to my event that does housekeeping 2 minutes after startup.
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:12 PM
OverSeer

Running it from an event works just fine. I wonder if the system is occasionally too busy at startup. The event I run it from has a 2 minute delay from startup.

I am currently running HS v3.0.0.387 as of today.

I will let you know if I see any problems.
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:59 PM
Seer Deluxe

I'm also seeing this on .382. Not starting with plugins populated, but running the script from an event populates the plugins. Also not sure how long they stay populated.
Plugins: Z-Wave, CM15A, BLBackup, BLLAN, PHLocation, SDJ-Health, UltraLog3, EasyTrigger, Jon00VDGraphing, Jon00PluginSetV2, drhsEventEnabler, BLPlex, Chromecast, Device History
Smart Speakers: 2 X Google Home; 2 X Google Home Mini
Chromecasts: 4 X Chromecast 2
CCTV: Xeoma

Last edited by abwyatt; November 20th, 2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old November 20th, 2017, 11:30 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abwyatt View Post
I'm also seeing this on .382. Not starting with plugins populated, but running the script from an event populates the plugins. Also not sure how long they stay populated.
While I don't know, I believe they will stay populated. I strongly suspect that the script has a problem at startup and never populates the devices, I don't think the VG pairs are being deleted during operation. It is possible that there may still be a problem even run from an event, but that still would only happen at startup.

Time will tell...
Old November 20th, 2017, 11:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
While I don't know, I believe they will stay populated. I strongly suspect that the script has a problem at startup and never populates the devices, I don't think the VG pairs are being deleted during operation. It is possible that there may still be a problem even run from an event, but that still would only happen at startup.

Time will tell...
Randy on the event subject. How could you create an event to check to see if it is populated? that way if it fails it would just rerun the script and populate the fields.
Old November 21st, 2017, 12:02 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesready View Post
Randy on the event subject. How could you create an event to check to see if it is populated? that way if it fails it would just rerun the script and populate the fields.
I thought of that as well, but I have no idea how to check if the VS pairs are there. Someone familiar with scripting might be able to query the device to see if it returns any VG pairs. I don't know how to query a device for VS pairs.

It could be that some of the changes to the recent betas have delayed homeseer building the plug-in management page to the point where it is blank when the script runs from the startup script.

All that said, if delaying the running of the script cures it, there is no need for any other effort.
Old November 21st, 2017, 12:13 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I thought of that as well, but I have no idea how to check if the VS pairs are there. Someone familiar with scripting might be able to query the device to see if it returns any VG pairs. I don't know how to query a device for VS pairs.

It could be that some of the changes to the recent betas have delayed homeseer building the plug-in management page to the point where it is blank when the script runs from the startup script.

All that said, if delaying the running of the script cures it, there is no need for any other effort.
On mine it seemed to always fill on startup but then failed later. sometimes one hour, 3 hours or even half a day.
Old December 25th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Seer Deluxe

Looks like on the latest HS3 beta 398, the script has become unusable. The plugin loads fine on boot and the dropbox is populated with the plugins. But anytime it runs, the following error occurs.

Quote:
Error in Main Block 3: System.Net.WebException: The request timed out at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00049] in <50d80b08c1a5449282b22aedf03ce925>:0 at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x0000e] in <50d80b08c1a5449282b22aedf03ce925>:0 at scriptcode2.VBWrapper.Main (System.String Parm) [0x00a48] in <098050fc276c4a5f84e9dc1213dcc4da>:0
Old December 25th, 2017, 09:18 AM
OverSeer

Probably due to the introduction of SSL. This may be unrepairable.....
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:31 AM
OverSeer

I've just tried this on 398 and it is working fine here......
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:39 AM
Seer Deluxe

Are you using SSL?

I was using SSL when the script was giving the error.

I've turned off SSL for 2 days and the script seems to be ok now.
Old December 28th, 2017, 05:48 AM
OverSeer

No I'm not. Looks like that's the issue then.

I assume local browsing of Homeseer is also using SSL?