Beta JowiHue: adding support for RaspBee and ConBee gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jan,

I have added the values to the plugin, so other users will see the crrect data right away. It will not update yours unless you remove the device, but that is not really needed as you already can set the events

Thanks!

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Hi

The values when turning, is way to fast, for making events, fx. for dimming.

It would be nice, with a virtual device (0..100%/0..255), that works inside the plugin, and counts up/down when a device receive up/down from the physical remote.

Best regards
      Jan

Comment

Jan,

I am not really planning to handle the remotes in the plugin, other then representing the values it is reading. Problem is that each remote has its own handling of values and combining them all (more still coming) might lead to high complexity inside the plugin.

If Ikea is following the sequences of the remote for the dimmer, you might be able to check this. If you move clockwise, does it send 2001 and update the devices time repeatedly? And once you stop moving clockwise, does it send 2003? Let me know if it works this way... might know something to help out in that case.

Wim
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Originally posted by mhn View Post
          Hi Win.

Just installed it.

I had a couple of errors. Unknown devices?

Regards
          Morten
          Coming back on the issue Morten reported, we have found the issue in private mail. There is a chance that already existing dimmer device report this issue during the conversion. The dimmer keeps working correctly, so there should be no problem for functionality. But each restart will throw the errors in the log during a renewed try to convert the devices.
          The cause is that the plugin tries to convert the device too early. In the next version, this will be resolved.

Thanks to Morten for relentless testing

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Hi

It is sending the sequence of 1001,1003,1001,1003,1001,1003.... when turning anticlock, and 2001,2003,2001,2003,2001,2003 clock.

I have turned the debug-log on, and there i can see the buttonevent.

So not just a value for starting turning one way, and a "stop"

Extra: There is 22 sequences of 1001,1003 in one turn (360 degrees), 44 transmittings.

A lot of spamming of the 2.4GHz band

20:47:40.4131063 -- (MySensors.UpdateSensor) UpdateSensor... updated TRADFRI wireless dimmer type ZHASwitch To 1001
            20:47:40.4131063 -- (MySensors.UpdateSensor) UpdateSensors button pressed TRADFRI wireless dimmer button value 1001

Is often only updated after 8 buttonevents..

Best regards
            Jan
            Attached Files
            Last edited by HamsterHauge; September 17, 2017, 02:05 PM. Reason: Extra

Comment

Jan,

The fact that you see the plugin only updating after a few buttonevents is that the lastupdated field is holding the same time as it did before. This dimmer is sending 8 updates per second, where the JowiHue plugin tried to save time with the assumtion that if the lastupdated field did not change there would be no other changes as well. Worked for all so far, but not this simple dimmer LOL. Will be changed.

For the deCONZ gateway there is a change waiting to be committed where one can set to send only changed fields instead of all. I will act on this and then ignore the lastupdated field, so the changes will alway be appied. Don't know if HS3 will act on that as I heard Rich state that events are checked once per second. So even HS3 might miss a few if the device changes its value that fast.

In the current version of deCONZ the Ikea dimmer is implemented as an 'experimental', so I am hoping the responses will be refined more in the next or near future version. It is hard now to think on a useable solution here for this moment? I have added a comment on the github for this, hoping it will push things a bit.

Wim
              -- Wim

Comment

Jan,

Is this dimmer device up to date with its firmware? On github I got this answer:

Not sure if is the same case, but before to update the firmware with Tradfri Gateway and to replace the battery, it was sending more requests, especially when it was slowly rotated near the "triggering" point.
                Ikea seems to have confirmed that the early remotes were having an issue. An issue that should partly be resolved by updating to the latest firmware, but then you still need to replace the battery as well... They even advised some to have the remote replaced in the shop, but did not make it public....
                -- Wim

Comment

There is a problem with the 2.0.0.17 beta. The "Bridge Maintenance" screen will not expand to show the lights on the 2nd bridge. Please see the attached screenshot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ajgyomber View Post
                    There is a problem with the 2.0.0.17 beta. The "Bridge Maintenance" screen will not expand to show the lights on the 2nd bridge. Please see the attached screenshot.
                    The count is 0 when you open it, but when you open the page without expanding the lights what is the count then?
                    Maybe it is a good idea to send me a trace on what might be happening? To create the trace you can do the following:
                    • Enable both detailed trace and trace to file on the configuration page/trace options tab.
                    • Restart the plugin, so I can see how things go from the start'
                    • After the plugin finishes initializing, go to the bridge maintenance page and expand the 2nd bridge. Then also expand the lights tab.
                    • On the configuration page disable the log to file and detailed trace options. This will also release the log file.
                    • Send me the JowiHue.log that has been created in the Logs subdirectory of the HS installation directory.

You can send the log by mail to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl

Thanks!

Wim
                    -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      The count is 0 when you open it, but when you open the page without expanding the lights what is the count then?
                      Maybe it is a good idea to send me a trace on what might be happening? To create the trace you can do the following:
                      • Enable both detailed trace and trace to file on the configuration page/trace options tab.
                      • Restart the plugin, so I can see how things go from the start'
                      • After the plugin finishes initializing, go to the bridge maintenance page and expand the 2nd bridge. Then also expand the lights tab.
                      • On the configuration page disable the log to file and detailed trace options. This will also release the log file.
                      • Send me the JowiHue.log that has been created in the Logs subdirectory of the HS installation directory.

You can send the log by mail to w dot vuyk at upcmail dot nl

Thanks!

Wim
                      Done. Here you go!
                      Last edited by w.vuyk; September 20, 2017, 12:42 PM. Reason: removed logfile for security reasons

Comment

ajgyomber,

Send you a PM for some extra tracing.

thanks,

Wim
                        -- Wim

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                          Jan,

Is this dimmer device up to date with its firmware?
                          Yep, it's updated via IKEAs gateway via Android app.

Comment

Jan,

Will be sending a new RC to HST today. This version should send every update effectively. I wonder how that will go for you. On github I am not seeing much response yet on the speed. For my understanding, the cycle always ends with 1003 or 2003 unless you get the 1000 right?

Wim
                            -- Wim

Comment

Beta 2.0.0.20

All,

A new RC 2.0.0.20 has been posted to the beta section. For details, see the first post on this thread.

Thanks,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim.

I bought a Conbee and I am a bit in trouble.

I installed deConz 2.04.74 on my HS PC.

I can browse it on port 8090. However I cannot get it registered in JowiHue.

By pressing "Unlock" and starting a scan for Bridge JowiHue finds it.

sep-30 18:32:42 JowiHue ------------------------------------------NEW Bridge ---------------------------------------
                                sep-30 18:32:42 JowiHue ============================================================ ================================
                                sep-30 18:32:42 JowiHue Please register this bridge in the configuration page
                                sep-30 18:32:42 JowiHue Info: Unregistered bridge found at IP address 192.168.x.x
                                sep-30 18:32:42 JowiHue ============================================================ ================================
                                sep-30 18:32:40 JowiHue Pressed button for immediate scan for bridges - scanning started

I have to refresh the HS webpage to get a "Register Bridge" button.

But now I get in trouble. I press "Unlock" on deConz and "Register Bridge" on JowiHue but it never gets registered.

Regards
                                Morten

Comment

Working...
                                X