Zigbee 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee 3.0

I see where Phillips Hue is updating V2 Hubs to Zigbee 3.0 which sounds like it will dramatically increase the number of things compatible with Phillip Hue.

https://developers.meethue.com/zigbee3

I recently bought the PI addon for Zigbee to increase the number of Zigbee compatible items but am trying to determine is this necessary.

Any thoughts on what is to come? Pros and cons?

Should I wait or dive into the Deconz stuff?

mbg0333,

All I can say from here is that I see what Philips is intending to do, support LIGHTS that comply to the Zigbee 3 standard. In the whole news article Iam missing all pointers to sensors. That is also why I started support for the deCONZ from here. They support Zigbee 3.0, ZLL and zigbee HA 1.2. The Philips app sees even a deCONZ gateway as Philips bridge...

I cannot tell future, nor really advice you what is wise. Are you planning on lights only? then Philips might be good and reliable. Do you want to add sensors? Based on the article you posted, I would go for deCONZ, they are quite reliable so far too.

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
    X