Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    Are you running it via an event? If so don't. This is triggered by the network intrusion script and only used for people who want to do their own scripting.
    Ah, that explains it.. So how do I enable Network Intrusion? I don't see the file described in the help in the download.
    Attached Files
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

You have been running Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb. You need to run the script you circled above!
      Jon

Comment

You have been running Jon00RCCNM_Intrusion.vb. You need to run the script you circled above!
        Has the scripted been renamed to Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben? I don't find the one listed in the help file.
        Attached Files
        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

and if so, what are the functions and parameters.?
          Attached Files
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Apologies...It is a mistake in the docs....This was updated from Homeseer 2 which is the correct filename for that package.

No parameters required.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
              and if so, what are the functions and parameters.?

No parameters. You just run Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben periodically and it will do its thing. You can create an event called Jon00_RCCNM DeviceDetect and it will run when an unknown device is detected. Really it's pretty simple once you get a grasp of how it all comes together.

I was just playing with this yesterday. Really this is an amazing tool. I can't state this enough. Thank you jon00 for creating this and making it available to us!
              Originally posted by rprade
              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Hi Jon,

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I am running HS3 and trying to get the device text in a virtual device to go to a balloon on a remote client.

I use the code below, and I get Toomuc Pager Message and the date but the actual message does not come through:

&hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3.vben","Main","19||balloon||Toomuc Pager Message||||[devicetext 3583]||2||0||" ,True ,False)

is there something I am missing with this that would prevent it from working?

Many Thanks,
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Travis,

You cannot use tags outside the program.

You could do something like:

&hs.Runscriptfunc ("Jon00RCCNMHS3.vben","Main","19||balloon||Toomuc Pager Message||||" & hs.devicestring(3583) & "||2||0||" ,True ,False)

Not sure what the embedded icon would do on the balloon though.
                  Jon

Comment

worked perfectly, thanks Jon!
                    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Jon,
                      I'm hoping you can help me solve my problem with my recording box locking up.

This is what I think will work, I just need to know how to implement 1 and 3.

1) "Something" on the problem machine that reaches out to HS and flips the virtual switch on?? (How do I do this)

2) When virtual switch is on and Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitors returns an Off state then send msg?? (and once I'm sure it's locked up after a few test perform a power cycle)

3) If everything is working fine, that "something" in 1, when the machine goes into sleep, have it flip the virtual switch back off (how do I do this?)
                      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I posted about this in the other thread but maybe I wasn't clear or detailed enough.

This is what I would do to accomplish ALL 3 steps! For a limited time only (until HS4 maybe) this can be accomplished with the simple addition of two events and one, count 'em, ONE virtual device!

Make a virtual device.

Make an event that turns it on when the jon00 RNM device for it comes online.

Add an action to your event which sleeps the machine to also turn the virtual device off.

Make an event which will cycle power to the switch or whatever it's plugged into if the john00 RNM device goes off line AND the virtual device is still on.

The only problem with this is if you sleep or shut down the machine in question manually, not through HS3. If you put it to sleep through it's GUI the virtual device will still be on and it will cycle power to the outlet. So you'd really need to rely on HS3 for this and forget all about it's UI for power management.
                        Originally posted by rprade
                        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I have an idea.....

Take a look at my Tray Control application for Homeseer 3. This gives you the functionality to run Homeseer events from shortcuts from any Windows desktop on your network i.e your recording PC. Hopefully, you should be able to run these shortcuts via Windows scheduler (not tried), set to a recurring trigger of XX minutes. This could act as a heart beat.

Once you have an event triggered automatically on a recurring basis, you can use this to reset and then start a timer.

If the timer reaches a value greater than the recurring trigger set in Windows scheduler then the PC has crashed. You could wait for 2 or 3 times the recurring trigger duration, just in case a heart beat is missed for some reason

You could use a second shortcut from the Tray application to trigger a second event to tell Homeseer that the PC is going to sleep. This event would be used to stop and reset the same timer.

No pings required!
                          Jon

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                            I posted about this in the other thread but maybe I wasn't clear or detailed enough.

This is what I would do to accomplish ALL 3 steps! For a limited time only (until HS4 maybe) this can be accomplished with the simple addition of two events and one, count 'em, ONE virtual device!

Make a virtual device.

Make an event that turns it on when the jon00 RNM device for it comes online.

Add an action to your event which sleeps the machine to also turn the virtual device off.

Make an event which will cycle power to the switch or whatever it's plugged into if the john00 RNM device goes off line AND the virtual device is still on.

The only problem with this is if you sleep or shut down the machine in question manually, not through HS3. If you put it to sleep through it's GUI the virtual device will still be on and it will cycle power to the outlet. So you'd really need to rely on HS3 for this and forget all about it's UI for power management.
                            Yeah, that will not work. The machine must have control over sleep and wake functions, and must be able to "flip" the virtual switch. The recording schedule is setup by SageTV (not HS3) and will wake whenever needed, and run as long as it take to complete the recording and processing tasks.

Your idea is perfect, but the recording machine has to do the "switch" flipping in order for it to work..

I have an idea.....

Take a look at my Tray Control application for Homeseer 3. This gives you the functionality to run Homeseer events from shortcuts from any Windows desktop on your network i.e your recording PC. Hopefully, you should be able to run these shortcuts via Windows scheduler (not tried), set to a recurring trigger of XX minutes. This could act as a heart beat.

Once you have an event triggered automatically on a recurring basis, you can use this to reset and then start a timer.

If the timer reaches a value greater than the recurring trigger set in Windows scheduler then the PC has crashed. You could wait for 2 or 3 times the recurring trigger duration, just in case a heart beat is missed for some reason

You could use a second shortcut from the Tray application to trigger a second event to tell Homeseer that the PC is going to sleep. This event would be used to stop and reset the same timer.

No pings required!
                            I think that may work (getting the recording machine to flip the virtual switch in HS3 on and off with wake and sleep), I'll check it out over the weekend and see if I can't get it to work..

Thanks guys!
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Feature Request (?)

Hi Jon,

I would like to monitor the battery level of a remote Jon00RCCNM client (and control the charging of it when it drops to a certain level).

Is there anyway to do this currently with this package? Is this a feature that could be added?

Cheers,
                              John

Comment

There is nothing built in. How would you manage the charge?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X