HS3 Beta 3.0.0.243

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    That does not make any sense. The detection of the wake phrase "Alexa tell homeseer to", is done by Amazon and that part will not show up in the history.

Did you enable the HS skill? Are you saying "Alexa tell homeseer to". Note that the "to" is very important.
    This is what I am seeing for just one example. Yesterday when I was testing and using just one light, I could get it to turn on and off sometimes, other times it would say it couldn't find the device.

Before I tested, I did unlink and relink the HS skill to make sure all was good too.
    Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I checked and the "tell homeseer" part should appear in the history, like you are seeing. Looks like its having a problem understanding you, very odd, it is usually pretty accurate with the skill name.

I did not see "the" in the phrase, I don't believe we require it but try:

alexa tell homeseer to turn on the table light

Originally posted by waynehead99 View Post
      This is what I am seeing for just one example. Yesterday when I was testing and using just one light, I could get it to turn on and off sometimes, other times it would say it couldn't find the device.

Before I tested, I did unlink and relink the HS skill to make sure all was good too.
      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Ok, I checked and the "tell homeseer" part should appear in the history, like you are seeing. Looks like its having a problem understanding you, very odd, it is usually pretty accurate with the skill name.

I did not see "the" in the phrase, I don't believe we require it but try:

alexa tell homeseer to turn on the table light
        Ok adding "the" did seem to help a little more and made things work properly... now when I added the phrase to turn the light on in 10 seconds, it stated device not found and just JSON in the HS Logs. Am I doing something wrong on that one? I have never really used the VR native to HS and just exploring what is possible at this time.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          What hardware are you running HS3 on? If you go the the Speech Recognition control panel applet does the Text to Speech work there?
          Laptop running Wndows 7 SP1 x64.
          It works in Text to Speech and am using the Cepstral voices.

Comment

Originally posted by dtsouers View Post
            Laptop running Wndows 7 SP1 x64.
            It works in Text to Speech and am using the Cepstral voices.
            Are you using Remote Desktop to mange your server? If so have a search for disconnect.bat on this board and you will find various discussions on the issues with using RDP but the issue is easy enough to work around.
            πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Linked but not connecting

Upgraded for more accounts for HStouch today and got that working. One is for a Zee which was previously connected that way and the other which was added for HS3 on W7. I decided to start with the PC by upgrading to the latest Beta and that appeared to go well. I got the skill linked on the Echo but when I speak a homeseer command the response is that I don't have the correct version and I have to update. I have no idea why I get that error message. A wild guess is that it has to do with not having confgured the DNS correctly but HSTouch does work. Need help.

Comment

Any obvious reason why I can get the HS skill linked on the Echo but when I speak a command the return response is that I need to upgrade my HS3 software even though I am running 243 on Windows.

Comment

Originally posted by zeronsawp View Post
                  Any obvious reason why I can get the HS skill linked on the Echo but when I speak a command the return response is that I need to upgrade my HS3 software even though I am running 243 on Windows.

I was trying to get this working tonight and had the exact same problem. I restarted HomeSeer and the PC and now I don't even get that. I am not seeing the commands in the Alexa app and have also tried disabling and re-enabling the skill.
                  cheeryfool

Comment

Email or PM me your license ID and we can see what is wrong.

Originally posted by zeronsawp View Post
                    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm very impressed, you did a great job. Lights with the API respond very fast and accurate. In regard of the thermostat, for some reason it can not discover it, I have 4 of the Z-wave CT30.

Thanks,
                      Aldo

Comment

See my post here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180048

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                        I'm very impressed, you did a great job. Lights with the API respond very fast and accurate. In regard of the thermostat, for some reason it can not discover it, I have 4 of the Z-wave CT30.

Thanks,
                        Aldo

Comment

Jumping the gun once again home seer...

I get marketing emails telling me that home seer is fully integrated with echo! yay!

No surprise that its actually not complete. Beta's do not count. How do you get away with advertising features that aren't even done yet?

Comment

It is complete, what is not complete about it? Because its marked as a Beta? We need people to try it, the Beta is very stable, you should not have any problems with it.

Our goal is to have an official release by the end of this week.

Originally posted by smikkelsen View Post
                            Jumping the gun once again home seer...

I get marketing emails telling me that home seer is fully integrated with echo! yay!

No surprise that its actually not complete. Beta's do not count. How do you get away with advertising features that aren't even done yet?

Comment

Rich, I am seeing .245 being referenced on the board, yet don't see a thread about it. Am I missing something? Is there any concern with 243 that was resolved in 245?

Thanks again for the work on Echo... it's come a long way and has become very stable for me with the new API.

Comment

He posted it in this thread post #58. For me it seems to fix mine intermittently missing recurring events. A problem that crept into my system about mid-February and due to no apparent change in my system or hardware. Mine was occasionally skipping one specific event under 3.0.0.218. Updating to 3.0.0.241 made it worse, 3.0.0.243 was the same and 3.0.0.245 cured all the problems.
                                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                                X