Wyrestorm MX-0808-4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyrestorm MX-0808-4K

Has anyone had any luck writing something that from the tablets in the house the customer can push a button and have a source display on a certain TV or all the TVs in the house?

If not is there 8 x 8 HDMI Matrix that does do that.... not IOS....only Android.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Google 'display mirroring' and 'miracast'.

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
      Google 'display mirroring' and 'miracast'.
      What I meant is I want to take my HS touch software and integrate a 8x8 HDMI Matrix into the software so a person can just touch the tablet and bring up a source then choose which output (TV) they want to view it on?

Display mirroring and miracast are one to one - yet i dont need that as I want to use a Video Matrix.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by triggs View Post
        What I meant is I want to take my HS touch software and integrate a 8x8 HDMI Matrix into the software so a person can just touch the tablet and bring up a source then choose which output (TV) they want to view it on?

Display mirroring and miracast are one to one - yet i dont need that as I want to use a Video Matrix.

Tony

I'm thinking that you're looking at Crestron gear there. I admittedly haven't looked at such things in a few years but last I recall Crestron was where it was at. With the little bit I know about Crestron I'm thinking that there is no way to make their stuff talk with HS.... even if you are a clever coder.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          I'm thinking that you're looking at Crestron gear there. I admittedly haven't looked at such things in a few years but last I recall Crestron was where it was at. With the little bit I know about Crestron I'm thinking that there is no way to make their stuff talk with HS.... even if you are a clever coder.
          Well more the "poor mans" Crestron.... Matrix companies provide the output HEX and codes for controlling the Matrixes...therefore I should be able to run it in the HS Touch app... i just bought one so only time will tell if it is possible.

Thanks
          Tony

Comment

You should be able to use this plugin http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...17#post1132517 with the Wyrestorm. I know others are using it with the Monoprice HDMI matrix, so that one may be another option for you.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I do this with various IR and IP commands using a Wyrestrom 4x4 matrix.

It is easiest for me to use the Simple Control App (IOS) but it can also be done directly from HS3 (just more macro programming).

I send the ir from a Global Cache IP2IR which both HS3 and Simple Control can use without stepping on each other. The IP (huge IR and IP database) is built into Simple Control so much easier to use but could also be done from HS3

The nice thing about the Simple Control App is that the interface is very clean and rock solid.
              I just switch back and forth between HSTouch and Simple Control. Unfortunately HSTouch is not good about running in the background.

I am working on two way integration between HS3 and Simple control so that I could launch a Simple Control routine from HSTouch, but it is really easier to just use the Simple Control App. Running HS3 Events from Simple Control is easy using HTTP/Json.

(I know that you said Android)

Video and Audio Control pages on HSTouch (4x4 Matrix on Top and Russound 6 zone on bottom) Followed by corresponding Simple control Screens
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DSteiNeuro; May 27, 2016, 07:17 PM.
              DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
              BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Exactly what I was looking for! Wow - thanks now I know it will work!

Awesome layout.

Thanks
                Tony

Comment

Wyrestorm 16X16

I need to be able to control a 16X16 Matrix switch.

If I was using a Global Cache IP2IR and Ultras GCIR plugin would I be headed in the right direction?

The Wyrestorm IR controller has about 35 buttons on it.

The method I need to end up with is a HS Touch screen used to control the Matrix.
                  Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                  | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                  Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                  BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Don't these matrixes allow for control over RS232 ?

If there is much interest and the API is available, I could try to create a small (but paid) plugin.

Comment

Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
                      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
                      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
                      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

RS232 is the way to go and I am pretty sure that the API is on the Wyrestorm website or in the manual

I think that there is a plugin for the Monoprice 4x4 around somewhere that would be hard to convert.

That said, I have been controlling the Wyrestorm 4x4 by Global Cache ir for a couple of years without a hitch.
                        DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
                        BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                        X