No announcement yet.

HS3 Beta 3.0.0.300 Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been away for a while. . .haven't updated HS in a while. . .wondering if there is a current "stable" version to update to. Usually the release versions have updates in the beta branch soon after to address things that were missed, so not sure if that is the best route. (currently on 3.0.0.218)

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
      Been away for a while. . .haven't updated HS in a while. . .wondering if there is a current "stable" version to update to. Usually the release versions have updates in the beta branch soon after to address things that were missed, so not sure if that is the best route. (currently on 3.0.0.218)

I'm on 293 and it's been solid enough for me to not worry about updating. I think 297 is the current release outside of betas and I haven't really heard any issues with it.

Comment

I had been running .304 since December, but went to 307 last week. 307 added the ability to link devices, which is sort of a nice feature. The only problem is the linked device list is unsorted. I sent Rich a message.

304 was rock solid for about a month.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thx. I thought I saw some mention of some recent issues? Zwave plugin version?

Comment

Thx. I thought I saw some mention of some recent issues? Zwave plugin version?
            Updated. . .went fine so far.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I had been running .304 since December, but went to 307 last week. 307 added the ability to link devices, which is sort of a nice feature. The only problem is the linked device list is unsorted. I sent Rich a message.

304 was rock solid for about a month.
              sorry for what might be a dumb question... but what is "linking devices" do?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                sorry for what might be a dumb question... but what is "linking devices" do?
                Say you have two kitchen lights "A" and "B". You can link B to A in a drop down at the bottom of the configuration page. Then when you control A, B will do the same. You turn A on and B will also turn on, turn A Off and B will also turn off. B can still operate independently. It works with dimmers as well the linked device will mirror the setting of the primary.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                  Say you have two kitchen lights "A" and "B". You can link B to A in a drop down at the bottom of the configuration page. Then when you control A, B will do the same. You turn A on and B will also turn on, turn A Off and B will also turn off. B can still operate independently.
                  I haven't tried using them yet. I did see how they are set last night after I updated. It seems kind of like setting a ZWave association, but instead at the HS level instead of the device level. Unlike a device association, it appears that at this point, only one device can be linked.

Do devices have to be alike? Like, what happens if a dimmer is linked to a non-dimming device? What happens if a door is linked to a light?

Comment

I haven't tried using them yet. I did see how they are set last night after I updated. It seems kind of like setting a ZWave association, but instead at the HS level instead of the device level. Unlike a device association, it appears that at this point, only one device can be linked.

Do devices have to be alike? Like, what happens if a dimmer is linked to a non-dimming device? What happens if a door is linked to a light?
                    I would guess (only a guess) that it will mirror values, so dissimilar devices could yield unpredictable results. If your primary is a dimmer, it would set a switch to a dim value which would be an error. If your door sensor had a values of 0 and 100 and you linked it to a light switch, the light switch would likely track the sensor. My door and window switches are 0 or 1. If linked to a switch, I would think it would be an error when opened, but might turn the light off when closed.

My feeling is that it would be prudent to only link devices that use the same control values and that the linked device must be controllable. Dissimilar devices should be controlled with events.

Comment

Ever since I installed the HS3 update with "linked devices" I get the following startup errors. I have NOT linked any devices.

Feb-04 8:27:23 AM Warning Unhandled data object in DBStore will NOT be moved into the device: hslinkeddevice
                      Feb-04 8:27:23 AM Warning Unhandled data object in DBStore will NOT be moved into the device: hslinkeddevice

Comment

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
                        Ever since I installed the HS3 update with "linked devices" I get the following startup errors. I have NOT linked any devices.

Same here. Every startup. Number of errors is about 800 (which is the number of devices I have in HS3).

Running 307 on Linux, with mono 3.12.
                        stefxx

Comment

Create a virtual device, go to the device properties, then link a device using the drop list. Restart HS and see if you still see the error. I think it has to save at least one linked device to get rid of that error, let me know.

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
                          Same here. Every startup. Number of errors is about 800 (which is the number of devices I have in HS3).

Running 307 on Linux, with mono 3.12.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                            Create a virtual device, go to the device properties, then link a device using the drop list. Restart HS and see if you still see the error. I think it has to save at least one linked device to get rid of that error, let me know.
                            Nope, that didn't work. Even worse, it doesn't save the linked device in the device properties. I mean, it does work but it doesn't survive a restart.
                            stefxx

Comment

Nope, that didn't work. Even worse, it doesn't save the linked device in the device properties. I mean, it does work but it doesn't survive a restart.
                              Same here, still got about 60 error messages, and the link was not there after restart.

Comment

Ok, pretty sure I found the problem, try this Windows build:

http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_310.exe

If it looks ok, I will update the Beta posting.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                                X