Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Builder 2 - close after 5 min?

Jon,

Is there a way to make a webpage close after 5-10 minutes? I have an event that opens a PageBuilder2 webpage and shows my security camera. I woulld like it to close the Tab (IE 7) after a few minutes. Is this possible?

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Because I provide a method to insert code in the head tag of the page, I expect it would be possible to add some Java-script to close the page after a fixed time.
    Jon

Comment

Actually Steve, I think the answer is going to be no. I forgot that most browsers now either stop or give you warnings about Java-script trying to close a page for you.
      Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. I had a feeling this would not be easy, so I came up with 2 potential work arounds. The first one uses AutoIt to close the tab, the second way is to just kill off Internet Explorer with tskill. But after thinking about it a bit more, I decided to add a condition to the Homeseer event to only trigger if I am at my desk (based on a motion sensor). I think this is a more elegant solution.

Thanks for your input.

Steve Q
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
        X