This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you running Homeseer 3 on?

I have a program written by a Cocoontech forum user / plugin which originally was written to test the Omni Pro network communications and fix the time when it went off.

The program has evolved now to integrate with the Samsung hub. That said you do not need enable the Samsung hub piece.

This program will run in a command line terminal session in Windows or similarly using Mono in Linux.

You can run it on your HS3 box to see if there are network issues.

I would suggest to give it a try.

The fix for the panel communications error only worked by disconnecting the network port or connecting one port to the LAN side of a router and then using the WAN port on the router to the rest of your network. It did not work for me trying an old 10Mb hub or using VLANs.

It doesn't sound like you have a lot of devices on your network any how. Here only saw problem after some 50 network devices. Never saw the problem with the second OmniPro 2 panel that I had configured with a much smaller network (< 10 devices).

Read here about the HAI Logger program. ===> HAI Logger

Personally here running it on the Zee-2 box along with HS3 and Rob's HAI plugin.

Here what it looks like running. You can leave the terminal window open to watch it.

mono HAILogger.exe -i
    INFO: CoreServer: Starting up server 1.0.8.0
    INFO: CoreServer: CONNECTION STATUS: Connecting
    INFO: CoreServer: CONTROLLER IS: OmniPro II (4.0B)
    INFO: CoreServer: Retrieving named units
    INFO: CoreServer: Unsolicited notifications enabled
    VERBOSE: ThermostatTimer: Added to watch list Thermostat 1
    Last edited by Pete; July 31, 2017, 11:22 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks, Pete.

Running HS3 on an S6 Pro, so running the logger sounds like a solid first step.

Will give it a whirl and report back.

Comment

Working...
      X