X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change since acquisition?

Mark,

Insteon was acquired about a year ago. You are likely the closest person to the internals that I know. Have you noticed any difference? Have there been positive moves?

Robert

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
    Mark,

Insteon was acquired about a year ago. You are likely the closest person to the internals that I know. Have you noticed any difference? Have there been positive moves?

Robert
    What i have noticed is they haven't released any new devices. They are going through some internal changes related to product development and beta testing and thus my contact in the beta program has changed a lot. I can't say anything about 'positive' movement at this time.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

My fear is that the new owners of Insteon et al will focus on the MOBILE APPLICATION, which is missing the point for real home automation. Home automation is not about turning on a lamp from a phone, although that may be attractive for the show offs.

Anyway, we've add numerous discussions on the philosophy of home automation, including mine. Hopefully, we'll see how the market (demand) drives the future of home automation (not manufacturers).

Comment

Working...
      X