This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davidald
    On the Tr-40's is thier anyway to get the information from the remote thermostats (RS-15) thru this plug-in?
    Hi davidald-

The plugin should be able to trigger events on changes in "Remote" temperature. We don't have hardware for this, so it has not been tested, but it should all be OK.
    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ
      There is a new build posted at the top of this thread. This adds support for the Zone controller thermostats, and also fixes a few bugs. Some things to note on this release:
      • Please ONLY upgrade if you have a Zone controller. There have been no changes to the Stand-alone thermostats that are significant enough.
      • This functionality is still INCOMPLETE - Event actions and triggers are not yet supported, but control from the status page is good to go
      • The UI is not final - I know, it's kinda ugly , but it's evolving. If you can figure out adding thermostats, you can figure out adding zones.
      • Minor bugs that have been fixed: No more debug on startup, EH is now supported, data read/write improved, Support for SM and SF commands
      • Damper commands are still not being parsed, nor are VA commands. Any others that are writing a message, please let me know.
      That's it for now. Please give this a try if you have a zone controller. Full functionality should be done by Friday, Saturday at the latest.
      RJ, the new build is working for my ZCV2 Zone Controller. The only messages that I am getting in my log are related to the Vent Damper and Zone Damper status - which you already mentioned were not being parsed:

12/20/2006 8:42:25 PM RCS Serial Thermostats Unable to Interpret Command: VA
      12/20/2006 8:42:25 PM RCS Serial Thermostats Unable to Interpret Command: D1
      12/20/2006 8:42:25 PM RCS Serial Thermostats Unable to Interpret Command: D2

I don't know if you are still adding features but, it would be nice to display the outside temperature somewhere in the UI. I believe that it is the status returned from the "OA=" Type 1 message. OA assumes that there is an outside sensor connected directly to the Zone Controller.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme
        I don't know if you are still adding features but, it would be nice to display the outside temperature somewhere in the UI. I believe that it is the status returned from the "OA=" Type 1 message. OA assumes that there is an outside sensor connected directly to the Zone Controller.
        HS: 2.5.0.60
        Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
        Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
        Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
        Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
        UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
        Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Ah yes, I see it now on the main HS Device Status page. It doesn't appear on the Thermostats Status page though. Not really a biggie.

Comment

Granted I don't have any RS-15s, but I thought that either the RS-15 simply replaced the temperature sensor on the TS-40, or averaged with the internal temp of the TS-40, thus, you would read the temperature the same way from each stat. If you have it installed as an outside temperature sensor, I believe that temperature should be displaying already as we've been discussing on this thread.

Originally posted by davidald
            On the Tr-40's is thier anyway to get the information from the remote thermostats (RS-15) thru this plug-in?
            HS: 2.5.0.60
            Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
            Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
            Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
            UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
            Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

RJ,

I attempted to add my RS21 Indoor temp sensor as a standalone thermostat. It connects directly to the RS485 bus (like the ZCV controller). The plug-in did not report any values for the RS21. I set the plugin to debug mode and looked through the log and it appears as though the stat was polled, but there was never any subsequent "ProcessCMD" activity for that stat. The other two WDU stats poll and have "ProcessCMD"s.

I see only a subtle difference in the Type 1 message data for this RS21 sensor.

A typical Type 1 message for the WDU stat is this:
              A=00 O=1 OA=61 Z=1 T=72 SP=72 SPH=72 SPC=76 M=A FM=0

The Type 1 message for the RS21 sensor is this:
              A=00 O=03 T=78 SP=70 M=O F=0

Note the small difference in the Originator Address format "O=1" vs "O=03". Could this be preventing the plugin from processing the information from this RS21 set to address 3?
              Last edited by automateme; December 21, 2006, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jstaab
                Granted I don't have any RS-15s, but I thought that either the RS-15 simply replaced the temperature sensor on the TS-40, or averaged with the internal temp of the TS-40, thus, you would read the temperature the same way from each stat. If you have it installed as an outside temperature sensor, I believe that temperature should be displaying already as we've been discussing on this thread.
                You are correct, But on the TS-40 yiu can see the temp of each rs-15. I was wondering if there is a way to retrive that information.

Comment

Hi Gang-

Outside air temperatures should be being processed. There was a small discrepancy in one of the early builds where this was not displayed on the HomeSeer status page. I am aware that it is not currently displayed on the ASPX status page right now, but this will be added. I am working on a number of UI changes to the plugin's status page right now, so this might look quite different in the next build.

Automateme-
                  Thanks for the info. It looks like this is a bug, and I will include a fix in the next build.
                  -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi Guys-

Just posted a new build. This cleans up the UI a bit, and also adds more functionality for the Zone controller. Please give it a try!
                    -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Hi RJ,

I just tried the new build. Here is what I have found.

1.) When I restarted HS after adding the new DLL to the directory, I get these messages everytime the stats are polled:

12/23/2006 11:55:21 AM RCS Serial Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= D1
                      12/23/2006 11:55:21 AM RCS Serial Thermostats Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "D" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                      12/23/2006 11:55:21 AM RCS Serial Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= D2
                      12/23/2006 11:55:21 AM RCS Serial Thermostats Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "D" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

2.) Also, the RS21 stat is still not working. This is the problem that I mentioned before that I thought might be associated with the subtle difference in the RS21's Type 1 message (A=00 O=03 T=78 SP=70 M=O F=0).

Thanks for all of your efforts on this and Happy Holidays!

Comment

I have two TX-16s [rs-485] & decided to give this new plugin a try.

I had a couple of issues during configuration:
                        1. I couldn't get create the second thermostat with address 2. I had to create it, set address 2...but when I saved it, it saved it as address 1--conflicting with my first thermostat.

Selecting the thermostat and editing it allowed me to change the address, but it also created a duplicate thermostat with the same name. When I went t the status tab I also had three devices.

After much trial and error, I succeeded by creating the first thermostat, them checking the status tab. Then I returned to the config screen & created the second thermostat. All was well.....

2. I now get the following errors in my log:
                        12/23/2006 8:40:01 PM HVACHVAC.UpdateOnTime Caught Error = Object variable or With block variable not set.
                        12/23/2006 8:39:01 PM HVACHVAC.UpdateOnTime Caught Error = Object variable or With block variable not set.HVACHVAC.UpdateOnTime Caught Error = Object variable or With block variable not set.
                        12/23/2006 8:37:01 PM HVACHVAC.UpdateOnTime Caught Error = Object variable or With block variable not set.
                        12/23/2006 8:36:01 PM HVACHVAC.UpdateOnTime Caught Error = Object variable or With block variable not set.

Everything appears to work, I'd just started sending outside temp to the WDU & I guess I'll have to change that process....but this is a great endeavour.

Comment

Hi Spot-

I have never seen any of those errors. If you are using a TX16, you will need the RCS X10 thermostats plugin. I'm not sure if you are using that plugin or this one, as the error is not found anywhere in the Serial one.
                          -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ View Post
                            Hi Spot-

I have never seen any of those errors. If you are using a TX16, you will need the RCS X10 thermostats plugin. I'm not sure if you are using that plugin or this one, as the error is not found anywhere in the Serial one.
                            RJ,

My mistake. I have two RCS TR16-485 thermostats installed. The thermostats appear to operate fine. Events and statuses appear to be firing normally, but I still get quite a few error messages in my log.

Comment

Hi Spot-

I'm still stumped here. There isnt any function in the plugin that can generate that message. Can you enable debug and then post a log segment? If I can re-create that same error, then I can figure out a fix.

Also, there is a new build posted to the start of this thread (2.3.2548.21307). Please give it a try and see if it fixes this error first.
                              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Originally posted by RJ View Post
                                Also, there is a new build posted to the start of this thread (2.3.2548.21307). Please give it a try and see if it fixes this error first.
                                RJ,

I tried out the new build and still get these errors in the log:

12/26/2006 10:23:32 AM RCS Serial Thermostats Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "D" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                                12/26/2006 10:23:32 AM RCS Serial Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= D2
                                12/26/2006 10:23:32 AM RCS Serial Thermostats Error in ProcessCMD, Selecting Properties, Conversion from string "D" to type 'Integer' is not valid.

Is there something that I need to reconfigure?

Comment

Working...
                                X