Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin development?

Where to start?
    Well, what I want is a virtual device which is constantly updating, giving the status of iTunes - either playing or stopped. With this I can have an event to turn on and off my amp.
    The idea being that if I start playing music using the iTunes Remote app on my iPhone or iPad, homeseer will turn on the amp automatically.

I think I need a plugin to constantly update a virtual device. Is that right?

I don't want to pay for the full iTunes plugin so I'm thinking that either:
    1. Someone has already done this and might help
    2. I could learn to write it myself

Am I on the right lines? Advice much appreciated.

Jez

Not wishing to dissuade you from writing one but they can end up being fairly advanced, I misunderstood how complex they can end up being. HST's own guidance in the plugin SDK is basically wherever possible don't use a plugin, only use one if you need tight integration with HS itself. It is often possible to use a script instead to do whatever you need to. I don't know any way of interfacing with iTunes (other than the HST iTunes plugin which I think has problems all of it's own) and have not seen any way of doing it unfortunately.

Your best bet is to start looking around on the internet on how to get iTunes interfacing with .net, if you get .net examples then that is half of the battle over. I personally don't know what Apple lets you do to be honest with iTunes.

Failing that if you do need to write a plugin there is the SDK and also in there are some basic plugins.

Comment

Working...
    X