Forecast in ImperiHome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forecast in ImperiHome

Thanks for a great plugin. When using Vera I've really missed to not have forecasts from yr.no.

I wonder if it's possible to get the weather data to display in ImperiHome?

Call the page you like from HomeSeer or HSTouch as a website in ImperiHome.

Comment

Sorry for what might be a very basic question but which page/s should I use? Do I have to put together a webpage myself using the data and images from the plugin?

Comment

That depends on what you use and like. You could get pages you built in HSTouch or from WeatherXML. You could use the standard HS3 screen from jon00NOAA (not sure about that name - there is a jon00 that will work).

Comment

Originally posted by Freddan101 View Post
          Thanks for a great plugin. When using Vera I've really missed to not have forecasts from yr.no.

I wonder if it's possible to get the weather data to display in ImperiHome?
          I'm not familiar with imperi home so I can't answer that.

Sent fra min E6653 via Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mikaluch View Post
            That depends on what you use and like. You could get pages you built in HSTouch or from WeatherXML. You could use the standard HS3 screen from jon00NOAA (not sure about that name - there is a jon00 that will work).
            I would appreciate if you moved non yr weather plugin related questions to appropriate forums.
            Thanks.

But if you want to display Web pages then display the page from yr.no or use the images straight from yr.no.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby View Post
              I'm not familiar with imperi home so I can't answer that.

ImperiHome is a control app (like HSTouch) for Android and iOS. http://www.evertygo.com/imperihome I've been using this app on my tablets and phones to control my Veras. Now I'm evaluating HomeSeer and use the HS ImperiHome plugin to present the HS devices in IH. I will probably test HSTouch a bit further down the road for a possible replacement.

In IH I can show a URL (webpage, image etc.) and maybe this is the way to go to present the meteogram for example. I have found the meteogram .png files in \html\images\YR\images but it seem that the current meteogram always gets a new file name. I have manged to get yr.no devices created in HS but I'm unsure how to use these further.

I'm probably totally off here. But if someone can explain what you usually do to present current weather and forecats and give me a few hints I would be grateful.

Is there a guide/instructions to read?

Comment

The yr plugin creates hs devices for all parameters available from met.no api. In hstouch you can present these devices as images or text.

For IH I would assume you need to talk to the author of this plugin in order to see how device status images are made available for IH. This would be the same for devices created by this plugin.

As to the name change of the meteogram. This is due to the fact that hstouch and/or HS3 locks the file frome time to time and that makes update difficult so the plugin creates a new file (and cleans up old ones). The meteogram device will always hold the latest image.

Comment

I've decided to implement my tablet design in HS3Touch Designer so I went ahead and bought HS3 Pro.

Now I will try to add graphics from HS. Could you please give me some pointers on how to show the current metogram in HSTouch?

Comment

I've decided to implement my tablet design in HS3Touch Designer so I went ahead and bought HS3 Pro.

Now I will try to add graphics from HS. Could you please give me some pointers on how to show the current metogram in HSTouch?

You add a text or image element in HS Designer, then you add status tracking and point to the image for the device that holds the meteogram.

Comment

Can I find the link to the image from within HS?

Comment

Can I find the link to the image from within HS?
                        You don't need the link to the image in hstouch. You point to the device in hs that holds the updated image.

Comment

Thanks for the hints. After some tinkering I now got graphics showing. Designer is not that self-explanatory.

Comment

Great

Yes the designer needs some work, but when you get the hang of things you can do a lot.

there should be some videos on youtube that will provide some more hints on how to do things in the designer.

Comment

Working...
                            X