X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

API Inputs

I have 2 questions,

In the docs there is....

Update: (This has the following options)
    Value. (Select this to update the device value with the value you send from the board.)
    String. (Select this to update the device String with the value you send from the board.)
    Value & String. (Select this to update the device value and String with the value you send from the
    board.)

The comments in the api sketch show a example with SendToHS(api device, value). There is no example for a string.
    I would like to update the value and string. How do I send both the value and string back to HS?

Again in the docs, there is....
    In your code To Send Data to Homeseer use SendToHS(Device,Value) you can send a int, Long or Float to Homeseer.

Is the data type automatically figured out by the plugin? How do I configure a device to a long or float max value?
    I don't have a need for anything bigger than an integer, but I would like to understand how to do it.

Originally posted by jimbell View Post
    I have 2 questions,

In the docs there is....

Update: (This has the following options)
    Value. (Select this to update the device value with the value you send from the board.)
    String. (Select this to update the device String with the value you send from the board.)
    Value & String. (Select this to update the device value and String with the value you send from the
    board.)

The comments in the api sketch show a example with SendToHS(api device, value). There is no example for a string.
    I would like to update the value and string. How do I send both the value and string back to HS?

Again in the docs, there is....
    In your code To Send Data to Homeseer use SendToHS(Device,Value) you can send a int, Long or Float to Homeseer.

Is the data type automatically figured out by the plugin? How do I configure a device to a long or float max value?
    I don't have a need for anything bigger than an integer, but I would like to understand how to do it.
    jimbell,

There is no support for sending a string from the board to Homeseer just a value with SendToHS(Device,Value) you can send a int, Long or Float.
    The option to update the value and string is to place the value sent from the board in to the homeseer device string or homeseer device value.
    The value sent as a int, Long or Float to Homeseer should be phrased by the plugin and you should only have to send it from the board in the required type.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Working...
    X