www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > General Home Automation > Off Topic

Off Topic Post your jokes, funny stories, current events and antecdotes here.

Old September 28th, 2017, 07:53 AM
OverSeer

Hugh Marston Hefner (April 9, 1926 – September 27, 2017) RIP

Name:  hh.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  15.3 KB

Hugh Marston Hefner (April 9, 1926 – September 27, 2017) was an American magazine publisher, editor, businessman, and playboy. He was best known as the editor-in-chief and publisher of Playboy magazine, which he founded in 1953. He was also the founder and chief creative officer of Playboy Enterprises, the publishing group that operates the magazine.

The first Playboy Club opened in Chicago in 1960, and later there were clubs in Miami, New Orleans, New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Detroit, San Francisco, Boston, Des Moines, Kansas City, Phoenix, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Denver, Dallas, Buffalo, St. Petersburg, FL, Lansing, San Diego, Columbus, Lake Geneva, WI, Omaha and St. Louis.

Old memory here was when I was around 14 or so a friend that had just learned to drive borrowed his dad's Playboy key (membership) and drove a few of us kids to the Playboy Club in Chicago one night. I really am not sure how we got in the place. I was mesmerized.

Automator

HS3 Pro & Lite
Edition Beta 3.0.0.383 | Ubuntu 16.04 64 bit | Oracle Windows Virtual Box ==> for Wintel only SAPI and HS3 plugins

Last edited by Pete; September 28th, 2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old September 30th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Attachment 63587
Old memory here was when I was around 14 or so a friend that had just learned to drive borrowed his dad's Playboy key (membership) and drove a few of us kids to the Playboy Club in Chicago one night. I really am not sure how we got in the place. I was mesmerized.
Very interesting indeed, a trip to an actual Playboy Club! Oh, wish we could hop in the ole time machine for a little trip.

My first trip to such an establishment was when I turned 21... (legal age back then). I was fairy mesmerized back then with some of the stuff I saw, can't imagine if I would have been 14. Some of my older friends took me to the Classic Cat in Nashville, it is long since gone now, too close to a school or something... Back then the ladies danced on a small circular table that had a candle in the center... We had to hold our drinks when when they stepped up on the table to dance. It was incredible.
Old September 30th, 2017, 10:43 AM
OverSeer

I brought the visit to the Playboy Club up to the wife. She doesn't know how were were able to get in the place. Today I still do not know why we were not asked to leave.

I was mesmerized by the multiple glass floors of folks dancing at the time.

A couple of years later we went to the Playboy Club in Lake Geneva Wisconsin to ski.

We were all around 16 or so and had no issues there.
Old September 30th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I brought the visit to the Playboy Club up to the wife. She doesn't know how were were able to get in the place. Today I still do not know why we were not asked to leave.

I was mesmerized by the multiple glass floors of folks dancing at the time.
I am surprised as well, however it was a different time then and I am sure they knew that your group was going to appreciate the time and be respectful during your visit... those were different times, some times I wish we could go back there... I would have liked to made a visit to a Playboy club. I counted myself very lucky to be able to go the Classic Cat when I did... there was always a line, my friends knew someone and they got us moved to the front and we had a table near the small stage where the girls always danced on the stage an the table we were seated at... It was just amazing.

It is nice to reminisce... I am at a place in my career where some how I have turned into that guy. You know the one at work that everybody ask "Hey let's ask Billy he will know" I remember when I was the young eager buck in the room, now I am that guy... It's not a bad place to be, just different. I am still eager, just not the young buck anymore...
Old September 30th, 2017, 08:35 PM
OverSeer

Thinking back it was very innocuous ....Playboy Bunnies everywhere and folks dancing on a multi layered dance floor...

Yes have good memories and nice to reminisce and like you still eager but not young anymore.

Last edited by Pete; October 1st, 2017 at 08:12 AM.