This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device disappeared, won't reinstall

Using 2.4.0.1 with Insteon plug in 1.4.2.7.. 210 devices (200 Insteon, balance X-10). 264 events. XP operating system.

Last night went through the process to delete a defective lamp module. The system cannot see it at all, so I did the delete through the normal means on the Insteon devices page.

A short time later I realized no events were running. Had to re-start 3 or 4 time before things appreared normal.

During the night two events that rely on a 2420 motion/photo cell ran constantly (each should run once a day sunste/sunrise).

Discovered that the 2420 was no longer in the system. I shut down the offending events and have tried repeatedly to re-install the 2420. Seems to go through the motions but when the continue button is presented and pressed, there is nothing there and the device isn't in the list.

Did a factory reset on the 2420 but no change.

Any ideas?

Thank YOu

Have you had a lightning storm in the last few days? Sounds like the device may have gone bad.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

2420 Disappearance

No storms or other events.

I think I will try to restore the config from a back-up and see what happens.

Can't help but suspect the removal of the defective device is involved since this happened immediately after.

Will advise if this helps.

Thanks for checking in.

Comment

please find v1.4.2.8 on the following thread
        http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=67

also, make sure the motion sensor is in linking mode before attempting to add it back in.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
        X