This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT -> HomeSeer action not happening

So, I set up my iOS location Enter / Exit recipes, with them set to turn on / off my Home/Away virtual device respectively. The ControlUse properties are set correctly.

When I exited my geofence this morning, the recipe triggered (I received the IF notification on my iPhone) but nothing happened in HomeSeer. Absolutely zero in the log and the device didn't switch off. I had checked the recipe about 10 mins before it triggered to ensure that the HS device was still showing configured and then again after it failed and it was showing correctly setup both times.

I subsequently set up a DO button (the action only app from IFTTT) to turn off the same device and that turned off the device in HS and printed the Info message in the log (with the JSON source now that I have .165).

No idea why this is inconsistent at this point, but will keep on digging.
    cheeryfool

Comment

Try the .165 build, the filters the device list so HS only sends back supported devices, this will shorten the list and speed it up.

Originally posted by jusitnh24 View Post
      I am amongst the people who get the try again later message.

I once got IFFTT to show my list of devices. I think it is possible that my device list is too long, or possibly it has some device with an invalid character, that is throwing things off.

I noticed then when I log into my system with myhs, that the proxy server seem very slow. When I reconnect remotely to my system via it's public ip it appears quickly, so It might be a load issue on the myhs proxy, or possibly a slow internet connection between the service and my homeseer machine.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

.... aaaand it's gone again!

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but now I can't get it to work. It worked 24 hours ago, but not now. Existing recipies and new one fails.
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I re-registered HomeSeer, and I was able to set it up again. I wish it was more stable...
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Make sure you have the .165 build I posted as that has some extra logic to insure that HS stays connected to myhs.

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            I re-registered HomeSeer, and I was able to set it up again. I wish it was more stable...

Comment

Yes, I do have .165. It didn't work before that version at all.

Comment

The link between IFTTT and HomeSeer has been down for me the last three days. Can't figure out what's wrong. The channel re-registers just fine, but the receipes say this:

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                  The link between IFTTT and HomeSeer has been down for me the last three days. Can't figure out what's wrong. The channel re-registers just fine, but the receipes say this:

I'm seeing the same thing. None of my HomeSeer based triggers have fired since April 20th.

What's going on?

Comment

We are looking into this, oddly, the triggers work fine when we test them. Can you log into your system at myhs.homeseer.com (from the Internet, not from the same network that HS is on)

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
                    I'm seeing the same thing. None of my HomeSeer based triggers have fired since April 20th.

What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      We are looking into this, oddly, the triggers work fine when we test them. Can you log into your system at myhs.homeseer.com (from the Internet, not from the same network that HS is on)
                      Yes, that works fine. I even re-registered the HomeSeer Channel at work, just to be sure.

I'm on myHS premium, if that matters.

Comment

Updated to .170 and I still have the same problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post

What's going on?
                          +1

I can't create new triggers but the existing ones work just fine.
                          Nicolai L

Comment

I had it working for an hour, but then nothing....

Comment

Now it seems that my existing recipies are working with .171 after the connection to myHS became stable (for some unknown reason). Kudos!

But I can't create new ones. I still get "Option unavailable. Try again later." message.

Comment

Is anyone still having an issue with IFTTT?
                                Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
                                X