Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has an led inside the rear vent (on the pi board). It's usually red but there's a green one next to that flashes. The Ethernet port has an orange and green led, I know it's not that. The uzb stick has a blue led. It states in the instructions that the LED should go green. Thing is half my devices aren't working and removing adding one of my devices fails. It's not right.

Cheers

J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
      This has an led inside the rear vent (on the pi board). It's usually red but there's a green one next to that flashes. The Ethernet port has an orange and green led, I know it's not that. The uzb stick has a blue led. It states in the instructions that the LED should go green. Thing is half my devices aren't working and removing adding one of my devices fails. It's not right.
      The red led on the pi board is a power indicator. The green led is some sort of an activity inidicator, but has nothing to do with zwave. Unfortunately the "green led" in the instructions doesn't exist on your unit so the instructions are out of date.

Comment

What does the HS3 log say when you connect to the znet with the zwave plugin?

Comment

Right thanks. That's cleared that up.

Dec-04 22:12:35 Z-Wave******************************************************** ***********************
          Dec-04 22:12:35 Z-WaveSTARTUP COMPLETE: All configured interfaces were successfully initialized.
          Dec-04 22:12:35 Z-Wave******************************************************** ***********************
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-Wave WarningZNET1: HomeSeer device with reference ID 377 no longer exists - removing corresponding objects from the plug-in data.
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: ............................................................ ..........
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: .............................. FINISHED ..............................
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: ............................................................ ..........
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1 is the SIS for the network.
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1 There is a SUC/SIS in the network.
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1 Controller is static lib.
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1 Controller chip type is ZW050x.
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveThe interface's security support has been set.
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: Z-Wave PC Controller is Type: Static Controller
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: Z-Wave PC Controller Library Version: Z-Wave 4.05 (ZDK 6.51.6)
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: Found 11 Z-Wave nodes in interface node ID 1 (ZNET1)
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: Z-Wave interface node ID: 1, Home ID: 0161FD76
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: Z-Wave Serial API version: 5
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: Z-Wave services for the SECURITY COMMAND CLASS were successfully started.
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: Controller firmware version: 5.5
          Dec-04 22:12:33 Z-WaveZNET1: Controller Manufacturer: PowerLynx, ID=0x1, Type=0x4
          Dec-04 22:12:30 Z-WaveZNET1: Getting node information from controller...
          Dec-04 22:12:30 Z-Wave465 Simple AV Control Command Class Control Commands have been loaded successfully.
          Dec-04 22:12:30 Z-WaveZNET1: The Z-Wave API Execution Thread was Started or Restarted.
          Dec-04 22:12:30 Plug-InFinished initializing plug-in Z-Wave
          Dec-04 22:12:30 Z-WaveZNET1: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.21, connected to interface ok.
          Dec-04 22:12:30 Z-Wave

Comment

Well that looks right. It says that the zwave pluging is talking to the zwave controller chip which is in the dongle. And as long as you can reach it from find.homeseer.com, there is likely nothing to be gained by further messing with the software on the rpi - its working as well as it can. Your issues are on the zwave network itself, which can be daunting. Seems like repeated optimizations are the only recourse. Sorry don't have more to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
              That message is coming from a program /var/www/Main/readkb, which is supposed to wait 5 seconds at boot to allow you to reset your network. However it's possible that that device may not be present on recent updates to the Raspian OS -- I have an rpi (non-znet) with the latest OS and that device isn't there... I tried running the Homeseer readkb on that machine I get that same message.
              Figured this one out - the ERR 2 will appear only if no keyboard is attached. With a keyboard, the /dev/input/event0 appears and all is good...

Comment

Ok. That explains that one. I plugged the keyboard in after seeing the error and reset the network, so next time around the error was gone (because keyboard was in).
                I've done repeated optimisations (about 10) and full optimisations. I've tested removing one device and adding it again but it won't add properly. I am therefore reluctant to try that with the other devices as I fear they won't add either. I've tried removing and re-adding the associations but now I can't get anything from them at all.

Cheers

J

Comment

I thought I eliminated all the problems. They are still there, but far less frequent. Today I noticed 3 devices which are on a timer were not on. I checked the logs and there was the zwave error again.

Dec-05 18:35:00

Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Lights Dining room Rad light

So there is still a problem. Could that be an issue with the .23 firmware ? I did upgrade from the posted .17, and it upgraded it to .23 or what else could cause these errors ? They were a lot more frequent before I wiped my Z-Net so it must have something to do with the Z-Net

Comment

Hi Mikee,

Today evening I had the same behaviour :
                    I've installed .17, and the z-net upgraded to .23 by itself !!!
                    Now the errors came back !

This is very annoying !

Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Fischi View Post
                      Hi Mikee,

Today evening I had the same behaviour :
                      I've installed .17, and the z-net upgraded to .23 by itself !!!
                      Now the errors came back !

This is very annoying !

Fischi
                      Do you have the same errors as I have or different ones ?

Comment

Hi Mikee,

I've got the message:

UZB_2 : The UZB_2 interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).

Z-Wave Error New Interface: Exception transmitting to IP XXX.XX.XX.XX: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

v0.17 was running OK but v0.23 not !!!
                        Did you find a solution ?
                        Fischi

Comment

No, I did not find a solution. What we need is an image of the .21 firmware, that was working fine. .17 is too old and has other problems

Can anybody post an image of the .21 firmware here please ?

Comment

Yes I think I've seen similar errors. I'm currently trying to migrate my network to a znet and I'm finding it beyond difficult to say the least. I've no idea what version it was shipped with but I updated to .23 before I read about all the issues. I hope .21 will help.

Cheers

J

Comment

Hi,
                              Inaturally find it annoying that HomeSeer doesn't respond to these
                              facts.
                              It would be nice if they could give us the 0.21 or 0.22 z-net image.

Regards,
                              Fischi

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                                Yes I think I've seen similar errors. I'm currently trying to migrate my network to a znet and I'm finding it beyond difficult to say the least. I've no idea what version it was shipped with but I updated to .23 before I read about all the issues. I hope .21 will help.

Cheers

J
                                Only if we can find an image of .21, I thought it was easy to get and I didn't know how to do a backup as I never opened my Z-Net before. From now on I will backup every version... then if someone needs it I can post it. Seems to be demand for older versions. .17 is just not relevant any more, and the .21 did work pretty good

Comment

Working...
                                X