Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two HS switches has failed in the last month.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two HS switches has failed in the last month.

I purchased a WD100+ from a dealer on Amazon (they were out of stock on the HS store) and a WS100+ from homeseer directly and they have both failed in the last month.

The dimmer just stopped working one night, Smarthings just stopped getting any information from it. I tried it another location and nothing. I replaced it with a normal switch which has been working since so it's not the location. The other switch just started flickering one day; it would randomly just turn on/off and it felt like a safety issues so I replaced it with a GE one that's been running strong since.

I have other HS hardware but this this means I've had a 50% success rate which is pretty bad especially considering how much of a pain it is to install these switches. What's the warranty on these things? Thanks

HST is pretty good about supporting their products. Give them a call. I'm guessing there was a bad batch.

Fwiw, I have ~10 switches installed and all continue to work, 4+ months out.

Comment

Originally posted by upper2bits View Post
      The dimmer just stopped working one night, Smarthings just stopped getting any information from it. I tried it another location and nothing. ...The other switch just started flickering one day; it would randomly just turn on/off....
      Just to clarify; when you say that Smarthings stopped getting information. Did the switch still work when manually operated?

I had an HS dimmer stop reporting central scene presses which was solved by optimizing my zwave network.

I seem to recall there was some problem with flicker with an early firmware, you might want to search the forums for that and flash to the latest firmware.
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
        Just to clarify; when you say that Smarthings stopped getting information. Did the switch still work when manually operated?

I had an HS dimmer stop reporting central scene presses which was solved by optimizing my zwave network.

I seem to recall there was some problem with flicker with an early firmware, you might want to search the forums for that and flash to the latest firmware.
        No, that's what I noticed first, the switch didn't work which I've never seen. I then looked at the logs on ST and it stopped reporting that night at 3am so that's when I figured it broke.

Comment

Working...
        X